Hi all for Salem, Or

cbwhippet

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 1, 2020
Messages
4
Reaction score
21
Location
1644 Big Mountain Ave S, Salem
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Chris and just started up a Red Sea 200xl mix reef tank. We just added a couple of clowns and some snails yesterday which are all doing very well and look forward to adding some corals later this week. I am new to saltwater tanks but have over 25 years experience with fresh water tanks ranging from 30-50 gal. My daughter and her husband (currently building the their 3rd tank -custom 160 gal) thought I needed a new hobby to keep me busy since I retired 3 yrs ago (yeah , right:cool:). We have always admired them but considered them to much work since I traveled a lot for business.

We did do our diligence and did research the hobby using this sight along several others and advice from the aquarium store where we purchased the equipment from. Not sure I can mention the store name but they are the premiere store in Portland and have huge base of loyal customers. Love this sight and have learned quite a bit so far with a lot more to go. Now, if someone has a book or PDF of all the acronyms used it would be greatly appreciated.;Bored
 
Welcome to R2R...Glad to made it, and look forward to seeing some pictures



giphy.gif
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new