Hi everyone

WestmanReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I've already posted a hello thread on the main new peoples page, but I didn't even know this UK part existed!

Im Jamie, from Cannock in Staffordshire and this will be mine and my partners first aquarium build. We'll be using the Waterbox 130.4 (purchasing from Aarons Aquarium), I was looking at the EA Reef Pro 1200 and the Red Sea Reefer XL 425 as well, but on a few Fb posts I saw the new EA cabinets arent great (aluminium frame bowing?) and even though I really do love the Red Sea tanks, the Waterbox seems to have come out as a winner!

I've so far managed to put the majority of our equipment list together, however the only thing bothering me slightly (due to lack of experience) is the lighting. I was going to go for 2 x Red Sea Reef LED90's after watching review because it seems I cant actually go wrong with them so to speak? Would 2 be sufficient for a predominantly LPS/fish tank? We would look at a few SPS later on once we become accustomed to the hobby, although ideally it would only be a few.

If there's any hints/tips anyone could share for someone starting out from scratch, please do hit me up.

FYI im clued up on the nitrogen cycle and how to cycle a tank - I keep Koi in a large pond so I'm happy with all that, it will be the chemistry of keeping Coral healthy which I am new too.

Cheers everyone :cool:

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might find these links help Jamie if your starting out. Keeping corals is not difficult provided you can maintain water quality. Just think of yourself as a ’water keeper’ and stability is the key.

The lights are a personal preference, I have Hydra 26’s in 1 tank and Radion XR30 G4 Pros in another so if your happy with Red Sea just research them etc

OP
OP
WestmanReef

WestmanReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might find these links help Jamie if your starting out. Keeping corals is not difficult provided you can maintain water quality. Just think of yourself as a ’water keeper’ and stability is the key.

The lights are a personal preference, I have Hydra 26’s in 1 tank and Radion XR30 G4 Pros in another so if your happy with Red Sea just research them etc

Perfect, I'll take a look at that thank you.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 30.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 60 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back