Hi, Fellow Reefers

betjoh58

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone, my name is John I have had tanks my whole life (age-60). Most recent was a reef tank 65 gal. It seems everytime I get back into the hobby, technology has advanced to make things easier. I'll be starting slow looking for a 90 gal. corner with a overflow box. I perfer the open top design but I fear location may prevent that as it will be in the living room close to the big screen. So I think I need to minimize the reflective light, but we'll see. I live in the Tampa area, so an open top under a A/C vent usually keeps temperatures in check without a refrigerator unit. I've had success in the past propagating corals for local shops. I have not evaluated shops in the area yet to see which ones are good? Just moved up from Ft. Lauderdale. Here is an out of focus pic of my last tank.

tank.jpg

OP
OP
B

betjoh58

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I am positive we shall both have lots to share.

As a side note to the administrators - I am having issues with my password only my computer at work remembers the password for some reason. I need to reset my password but cant without the original password. Another reason is the vericheck thingy isnt coming up in change password and contact us. Can someone send me an email to reset my password?

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to the family!

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Welcome to Reef2Reef @betjoh58 !* Glad that you made your way back into the hobby.Your aquarium looks lovely,it seems that you have a nice collection of Euphyllia.I can't help you with you question here
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I am positive we shall both have lots to share.

As a side note to the administrators - I am having issues with my password only my computer at work remembers the password for some reason. I need to reset my password but cant without the original password. Another reason is the vericheck thingy isnt coming up in change password and contact us. Can someone send me an email to reset my password?
It may be because you are trying to log in at two different places?Just a guess though.I hope you can get that knot worked out.

1460837541958.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back