Hi from Switzerland

MRRBW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure will add some pics, hopefully will have time this weekend.

that would be great! I think I've watched your video a dozen times already. Your reef is stunning, the corals and the fish! How is your china wrasse doing? It's one of my absolute favorites but first time with one and I struggled so I haven't attempted it again.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few sump pics for you all:

Main double sump stack, water flow is from top left to right in the upper sump then right to left in the lower sump (you can also see the Alu frame for the sump, just..)

IMG_0102.jpg

6 way manifold that feeds the reactors, UV, cooler etc

IMG_0145.jpg

Overall impression of the technical room at the back of the tank (this was still in the set up phase)

P1000426.jpg

P1000427.jpg

Return plumbing from the Abyzz

P1000430.jpg

LHS return shows the exit at the bottom of the tank that creates a reef flush

P1000432.jpg

RHS return shows how it goes through the Euro bracing and then through the coast to coast weir box, also you can see the bean animal outlets

P1000463.jpg

Better impression of the reef flow exits from the main return pump, all the return flow comes out under the rock scape

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your china wrasse doing? It's one of my absolute favorites but first time with one and I struggled so I haven't attempted it again.

Still going strong. I've also known them as PNG wrasse (Papua New Guinea) same fish we're referring to ? (Anampses neoguinaicus) like with all Anampses you need to check the mouths very carefully when selecting them as they seem to be prone to injury there. I was lucky that a great LFS in the UK got mine in and he is very experienced with Anampses, then he made the 800 mile trip over in our RV when we went back to see the folks one year.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the idea of the returns. Is there a worry for back siphoning if power goes out and are they hard to keep clean?

It's certainly something i thought long and hard about before committing. Basically I have 3 anti-siphons per each return, these I designed myself and they have worked really well. I drilled the standard 6mm (1/4") holes into the returns about 10mm above the water line, into these i inserted some RO tube which i then added some Gardena micro-drip taps on, this allows me to regulate the outlet flow to make sure it's enough so it doesn't get blocked, pic below:

P1000440.jpg

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few pics of the rock scape:

I used 90% Marco Rocks plus a few dead plates that helped me build out the angle some what.

P1000465.jpg

Both sides were built up with a combination of rock and egg crate underneath

P1000467.jpg

This makes for a very open underneath area, in effect the entire scapes are hollow.

P1000468.jpg

P1000478.jpg

Getting there...

P1000503.jpg

View from the back

IMG_0175.jpg

You can see the underneath is very open, a great place for down time for the fish.

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0177.jpg

Smarkow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found my way here to your AWESOME tank from the “I'm curious how people live with their tanks in their homes” thread.

I found the height you achieved while successfully hiding the egg crate/shelving to be really impressive. The tank seems to almost feel like a cube is that correct?

Any current DT pics? Anything of the space for the tank before it was in place?

Great job! Thank you for sharing :)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back