Hi Reefers

rjdasilva

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to join you all on R2R. I've always been fascinated with reef life and have been into the saltwater hobby for a number of years now and, like many, I've switched to mainly corals from FOWLR. Had various sized tanks from 20g, 90g, 125g, & 4g before settling on a 50g cadlights cube, a 32g and most recently a 2.6g pico that my kids gave me. I am continually learning new things about this hobby which has kept me so interested for all this time, even after encountering some disasters along the way.

OP
OP
rjdasilva

rjdasilva

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5336.JPG
IMG_5338.JPG
My pico has the Aquamaxx Nemo which I find has pretty cool features for the cost. I also redid the filtration to better handle the sps and LPS that will be housed.

OP
OP
rjdasilva

rjdasilva

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

welcom.jpg
I see that you've got the Jebao doser. Do you like it? I've just taken delivery of my Jebao doser and in the process of setting it up. I don't really care for the controls located above instead of on the front faceplate but as long as it's accurate and reliable.

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that you've got the Jebao doser. Do you like it? I've just taken delivery of my Jebao doser and in the process of setting it up. I don't really care for the controls located above instead of on the front faceplate but as long as it's accurate and reliable.
It's a little touchy to get dialed in. I ran mine through my programming a few times, measuring each time, to make sure it was dosing what I wanted. I then test a couple of times per day after hooking it up to dial in the levels. It has been pretty much dial and forget for me. The controls on the top are a pita but it's been spot on for me and I haven't had to touch it that much. I think you'll like it.

OP
OP
rjdasilva

rjdasilva

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info Salty. For the money, it was a no brainer for me. I'll be using this on my 50 cube primarily for my vodka dose aside from the other essentials.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back