Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

I'm looking for a place to discuss.

My story goes back many years where I was originally looking at Marine aquaria without knowing anything about it.

I was researching marine then for one reason or another my life changed, got busy doing other things and so on....

About six months ago, I was walking back from dropping my car off to get repaired and walked past a dirty Aqua One 620T with some old coloured fake gravel in it and stand on the side of the footpath waiting for the hard rubbish removal to pick it up and take it away. I had a look and it had no scratches, was dirty and I suspected, it had a cracked bottom under the gravel. As this was at the end of my street I just walked home, grabbed my sack truck and wheeled it home. I took out the fake gravel, cleaned up the glass and it came up a treat. Yes, it did have a crack on the bottom of the aquarium, but it did not deter me. I explored putting a new glass in it which proved to difficult. I went to our hardware store, Bunnings, bought some Perspex and some aquarium or water silicone. I installed the Perspex, waited for 24 hours, filled the tank up with water and no leaks. I now have some nice tropical freshwater fish in it.

By now the bug has got me and I bought a secondhand Water box Peninsula 25, just to start off, see if I like marine and won't be sick of it in 2 months' time.

I now have some rock and couple of clown fish in it.

Cheers
Welcome to R2R!!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back