Hi!

TonyaH

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2025
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Location
liberty hill
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! My name is Tonya. I bought a 40 gal established tank about a month ago. Changed out the lighting and added a skimmer and started a reef tank. So far so good. I am getting a bit of what I think is cyano algae . Doing 5 gal water changes weekly. Ive added more clean up crew as well. Any suggestions appreciated!

20250713_090826.jpg 20250712_192725.jpg 20250712_192722.jpg 20250712_192717.jpg
 
welcome! nice find, you can get great deals on established systems that folks are looking to get rid of. 5 gallon weekly water change is a great idea, keep that up as it will counteract many mistakes and prevent many issues.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new