OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Following along to gather any tips I can! I never used to believe that the colors of your coral or others like it were real until I saw some in person. Somehow, I think they look even more stunning in person :)

Do you believe your method would work well on a mixed reef as well? I am just starting to collect some higher end acros as I am able, but still have a tank with various other SPS, as well as a few SPS and a collection of zoas.

I also like the colors more in person and agree they look even more stunning in person. I wish the shows where open again so more people could see the true colors. sometimes it is hard to see the real colors through photos because everybody views corals through with their own lights and will look different from the deep blue radian light setting I use- unless they have that same setting :)

Yes the method will work great for a mix reef tank. Zoas and mushroom will love it.. just gotta keep them very low in the tank or on the sides of the tank so they only get 80 par max..

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys after 3 years I feel like this tank is decent enough and need to start a new tank... I set up a new 120 Gallon Display tank with some bonsai tree Rock work and plan to select some frags from the main display for this new tenuis grow out. its going to be a long journey replicating the main system parameters and growing the selected frags out. I am also excited to see how the radian g5s compare to the g4s. In the current tank they are grown using the g4s and the new tank will be the g5s.

hoarder.jpg

full tank.jpg

jungle.jpg
Hey! I see an empty spot on that rack!!! Tenius boarder my foot;). Lol I kid I kid. Love your pieces so much color and your bonzi concept :cool: is beautiful!!! I have so many questions, but I’ll start with just wanting to know how long it took to collect and grow your pieces. I can’t wait to see you what happens with the tank!!!

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i guess you cant delete a post in the forums. sorry for this message.. but i wrote something i wanted to delete lol
If you are a R2R Supporting Member it gives you the capability to delete posts. In addition to many other features including the cool little badge by your name:)

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
If you are a R2R Supporting Member it gives you the capability to delete posts. In addition to many other features including the cool little badge by your name:)
I would like to become supporting member. where do i sign up for this

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to become supporting member. where do i sign up for this
Here is link to thread. I'm looking to get in on it as well. They are giving away prizes and stuff right now.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Here is link to thread. I'm looking to get in on it as well. They are giving away prizes and stuff right now.

[/QUOTE

thanks!

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
i become supporter but still don't see where i can deleted messages.. where would this be located?

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is one of the mother colonies I plan to frag for the new 120 grow out ..it will be interesting to watch a small frag growup and crust over the branch rockwork :)not the best quality video but I didn't want to disturb the polyps.

You know, I could take a frag of that too ;)

Hausser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
since you are/were running G4 what was or is your lighting schedule?

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
since you are/were running G4 what was or is your lighting schedule?
for both the g4 and the 5 I am running the stock ab+ schedule with no deviation. I run them from 11am to 9:15pm and at 78% intensity. THe corals are at 450 par. the Coral are 12 inches under the water line and the lights are 8 inches above the water line. Please see picture of the schedule and let me know if you have any other questions.

lighting.png

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Finally got my Triton for the new Display system. Next i need to check all the parameters. I am so tempting to just start cutting frags and throw them into the new system but i know patients is key....

Here is another one of our Tanks Packed with High end tenuis. Did i mention im a hoarded lol!!!!

ten.jpg

jsbzcmcdaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shane - Your light schedule looks far different from mine. I am running three Radion XR30 G5 Blues on the stock AB+ schedule. If I click on the time, every color is at 100% as well as point intensity. I assume the photo above is from your G4's because the mobius app looks different.

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Shane - Your light schedule looks far different from mine. I am running three Radion XR30 G5 Blues on the stock AB+ schedule. If I click on the time, every color is at 100% as well as point intensity. I assume the photo above is from your G4's because the mobius app looks different.
hey good points. the picture I shared is from my G4 pro schedule wich is what i use on all my tanks to grow and color corals currently. For the new build i went with G5 pros. I think your schedule is showing 100% intensity because you have the blue version which has less white lights.. This is the reason i went with the pro g5 over the blue g5 because i wanted the exact schedule i currently run on the g4.. I havent set up the g5 Yet on the new schedule but when i do i can post a screen shot of how it looks.. but it will look the same as the g4 i think

OP
OP
SBB Corals

SBB Corals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Finally Installed my neptune triton. Here is an update of the overall system build for this 120 sps Display ( 360 Gallon system total water volume) I still need to get all my Parameters in check, set the lighting schedule, Set up the GHL doser, Set up the ATO, send in a triton and many other things....This system has now been setup for around 8 months and I haven't checked the parameters ever. It will be interesting what they are. I will post the Parameters shortly as well a an ICP test once it comes back from the lab. Hopefully in another month i can start to add some frags. Enjoy the video and as always if you have any questions please ask :)

Make sure you have HD 1080 setting on your youtube video for best clarity

jsbzcmcdaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good video Shane. With that much water volume and coral, why not run a calcium reactor as opposed to dosing? I can see the need to dose a lot based on your SPS load.

Back