Hitchhiker crab id

ekl31

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
Malaysia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can anyone help id this hitchhiker crab i just found in my tank?
would like to know if its good or bad
its light brown with white claws with brown tips, abit hairy on body and legs

IMG_1949.jpg
 
Looks like a molt of a green emerald crab. Didn’t know I had one in my tank either. If it is, definitely beneficial for any hair algae, but could be dangerous for any ornamental shrimp.
 
Looks like a molt of a green emerald crab. Didn’t know I had one in my tank either. If it is, definitely beneficial for any hair algae, but could be dangerous for any ornamental shrimp.
Doesn’t look like a emerald to me. Might be but might be a gorilla crab or .....?
 
can anyone help id this hitchhiker crab i just found in my tank?
would like to know if its good or bad
its light brown with white claws with brown tips, abit hairy on body and legs

IMG_1949.jpg
I have a similar one. Don't think it's an emerald. From my research appears to be a type of bristly crab. Been keeping an eye on it and so far shows no interest in fish or corals. Has been quite elusive but if I can get him I’d sump him just to be safe.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new