OP
Hitman

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot wait to see this one progress!!!
Hey I know you like that Ram!!! a buddy owns a Ram dealership so I could hook you up sir!!! ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
I gotta stir the pot as your build was my inspiration! Sadly I don’t have a local version of @HotRocks so I’m stuck with my wife as my assistant and I would be kicked of the site if I used her words on this new venture!!!! LOL

OP
OP
Hitman

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is home with no issues. Just waiting on a buddy to arrive to help get it to its final resting spot. Oh did I mention the theater room is in the lower level of the house and we have to bring it down 6 steps make a left then down 9 more steps ;Nailbiting;Nailbiting;Nailbiting

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I know you like that Ram!!! a buddy owns a Ram dealership so I could hook you up sir!!! ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
I gotta stir the pot as your build was my inspiration! Sadly I don’t have a local version of @HotRocks so I’m stuck with my wife as my assistant and I would be kicked of the site if I used her words on this new venture!!!! LOL
Hahaha thanks. I love my Fords but your truck looks good buddy!

OP
OP
Hitman

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha thanks. I love my Fords but your truck looks good buddy!
I’m from a Ford family and have always had F350’s 2 years ago I went to trade my 14 Lariat in on a new 17 model and the price was nuts so I bought my first Ram. I miss the looks of the Ford but love the Cummins motor. If I had the money I would have a F350 Platinum with a Alison trans and a Cummins motor and would hands down have a beast!

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow
Sorry I hit post before I finished my post lol Look how small the 240 looks lol Please ignore the mess my wife is on my tail for fish tank stuff being all over the place in the theater room which is how I sold the fish room idea. Really who needs a 30 x 35 theater room when I can take some of that space and have a fish room to hide all my stuff from your friends. She said do it, so I am lol
B6511107-A4C6-4CF0-B973-35EEEF2A97B8.jpeg
5875C605-6F31-4497-A449-10DBC38CA825.jpeg
Wow! That's going to be massive!! Very cool!!!

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everybody needs a hotrocks. Lol

@4FordFamily would be lost without me...

Super excited to see this one come alive!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow...... I had a 25 x 18 dedicated theater room, with a 10x10 equipment room, and thought THAT was huge..... I need to see this theater room now!

OP
OP
Hitman

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Behind me in the last picture is the wet bar and it is now being put to good use! I’m going to feel this is the morning lol. Just shows 2 old fat Marines can do what shops want to charge to have 6 guys do! Lol

OP
OP
Hitman

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plans today are to start the plumbing and clean the glass from the move. Also need to figure out lighting as it slipped my mind and I never decided on what I wanted so I never ordered anything. It will be FOWLR maybe a few softies and mushrooms so I’m thinking just a few LED strips.

OP
OP
Hitman

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my 2 drain holes are for 1-1/2” bulkheads and return line holes are for 1” bulkheads. And this is a center overflow setup.
Do I step the drain lines down to 1” or use 1-1/2” all the way to the sump?
Can I use 1 drain line as a full siphon and 1 as a emergency drain?
Tank will only have approximately 3X turn over through the sump. The rest will be from gyres and power heads.
@4FordFamily @HotRocks @Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my 2 drain holes are for 1-1/2” bulkheads and return line holes are for 1” bulkheads. And this is a center overflow setup.
Do I step the drain lines down to 1” or use 1-1/2” all the way to the sump?
Can I use 1 drain line as a full siphon and 1 as a emergency drain?
Tank will only have approximately 3X turn over through the sump. The rest will be from gyres and power heads.
@4FordFamily @HotRocks @Crabs McJones
That's what I'd do, run it Herbie style, one line fill siphon and one emergency. If the line is 1 1/2 I'd run that unless you have to run 1 inch

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I'd do, run it Herbie style, one line fill siphon and one emergency. If the line is 1 1/2 I'd run that unless you have to run 1 inch
Agree with this^

OP
OP
Hitman

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have plenty of room to run it which ever way, I’ve just never done a Herbie style so the design is new to me. So I’ll stick with 1-1/2” on both drains with a Spears gate valve on one. How much taller should the unrestricted emergency tube be compared to the full siphon tube in the overflow? Seeing it’s in the design phase yet where is the best location for the valve for the full siphon line?

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seeing it’s in the design phase yet where is the best location for the valve for the full siphon line?

My novice 2 cents. Your primary drain valve location (gate or ball) should be in a spot where u can get 2 hands in fast and easily. And in a manner you can easily direct an innocent bistandard that might have to tweak something for you when you arent home... or in an emergency and they need to be able to find it fast and easy, and be able to get two hands on it. (Weaklings!) :p

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back