Holey WOW (mine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CherryCorals

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2006
Messages
10,252
Reaction score
6,605
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
smack.jpg


Hi all, a buddy of mine mentioned to me that this photo made it here so I checked it out yesterday. I must say WOW that was a good read. Rev mentioned people's feelings getting hurt and I guess mine are hurt(granted you all didn't know who's photo it was).

I only posted this photo in one thread and it was not a "for sale" thread. Bryan(skyhigh) and I were having one of our good ole photo fights and we were trading blows with photo's. Here is the link
]Todd vs. Skyhigh photo fight! - Page 13 - Captive Reefs[/url] There is a photofight thread here on R2R from back when it was ClubZoa.
This photo was posted NOWHERE else, its not a hype photo and initially I hadn't planned on putting it on the site. I have a client here in Michigan who collects all things crazy and expensive so it was put up just for him to check out and hopefully purchase and YES he runs LED's.

About the photo, it was taken under the new AI SOL blue's at 100% blue and 10% white. All of you that have seen us at a show know what this will do for a coral. I had the coral 1/8" under the waters surface. A tripod was used.

Editing: I adjusted the color temp, I added some blacks, contrast, and sharpness. I may have toyed with the exposure I just can't remember.

Ian "I agree that Todd and Brett are super cool and legit guys but you can't blame people for being suspicious about that photo, the background and the crate that it sits on are blue..." I will try and use black eggcrate nexttime.

Sikyrd, SDguy, have you guys looked at your avatar's? Great photo's

Kev, love you man!

FishLipz, thats waaaay to long a name. You can't even turn that into a cool acronym.

SaraB I'm not sure how to take your retraction, it was a retraction with a little slap. Sheesh, I didn't post it here.

M and M, "I'm with you if this was editedl you would not talk to them like that. CC is known to use LED's and does not hide it, i even believe some where on there web site i read "If your not using led's don't even buy this". I run a ultra blue t5 tank. I believe those colors are accurate and would almost guarantee that its not saturated." This is quite true, once I did put in the product description something like this. I mean really, who isn't using some sort of blue or actinic supplementation? Turns out alot of people:hammer:

As to sponsoring this forum, I sponsored here for years, I just don't now. Its a great forum, Rev is a great guy and as he mentioned we are industry friends.

I normally don't join in on fun subjects like this but I couldn't resisit. I got totally slammed and it wasn't deserved.

Well, I am off to the Iowa Fall swap to share my saturated corals with the midwest.

I'll check in later to see if this thread creates another beating for me.

Todd
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry todd you got slapped around so much and i will put in my 2 cents i no todd from all the swaps in michigan and he has been going to them for 3 years for sure and i sell there to and his corals look like they do in his pictures but better in person that is just my 2 cents and i hope you do not sell it before the lansing swap i want to see it in person.
 
[Sikyrd, SDguy, have you guys looked at your avatar's? Great photo's

Yup, and people can flame it too. :bigsmile: Your frag plug has nicer colors than many corals I see posted here. Just sayin'...

It's a beautiful picture (for the pictures sake), and I didn't say ANYTHING about a vendor or hype, or that it's a reflection of the person who took the pic. It's just oversaturated IMO, based on the bleeding brilliant purple spots on the frag disk.

Edit: And BTW, I wouldn't have given this another second of thought, much less had it influence any opinion about a vendor... but a new thread, with specific individual comments to people, instead of just owning it and saying "Yeah, it's a crazy pic with XYZ lighting", well, I don't know what to think...
 
Last edited:
Sorry if you got hurt in any way. I think that too many of us have gotten jaded by photoshop tricks, overuse of actinic and LEDs. Its to the point now that you almost can't believe anything you see anymore, especially when you don't know the source. Im sure most of us would like to see it with only a white balance adjustment and a daylight lighting scheme.
 
Last edited:
sorry for posting the pic in the first place todd. I just thought it was an amazing chalice LED's or not it is still amazing..
 
Todd nobody knew it was from you at first so don't get your feelings all hurt. I think people were stating what they actually thought so it had nothing to do with you. That being said we don't allow people to start a new thread about a thread that has already been closed and especially one that is going to call out people. I am going close this one as well and this is going to be the end of this one. That being said Sara has the ability to chime in since she's a mod and she might take your cookie. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new