How can I kill star polyps

MoreReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My GSP killed a few heads of my frogspawn over time just through contact brushing of the polyps. They were on separate rocks but when fully extended they brushed up against the frogspawn. I’m currently trying to eradicate mine after is started killing everything around it from zoas, LPS and SPS!
Ohhh man... so I should be worried...?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220301-180903_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220301-180903_Gallery.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 40

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My GSP killed a few heads of my frogspawn over time just through contact brushing of the polyps. They were on separate rocks but when fully extended they brushed up against the frogspawn. I’m currently trying to eradicate mine after is started killing everything around it from zoas, LPS and SPS!
LPS have sweeper tentacles that will make war on GSP. I doubt that GSP have such tools at their disposal. Given time and nutrients, they will cover up most anything. It grieves me to hear the exaggerated claims on how invasive this soft encrusting coral is.

It took 5 years for ping pong ball sized GSP to cover this back glass. The rocks that are now covered in GSP are an excellent biofilter that can be fragged and sold.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 29

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back