How did Ryan mount the Reefbrites to the Kessils?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

techdef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, I watched your Part 2 of the lighting showdown last night. I've got a 6' tank w/ 5 Kessil 360WEs over it and was thinking about some supplementation for shading exactly as described. How did you/he mount the reefbrites to the kessils? Curious to see how that worked and did it come out looking slick?!

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, I watched your Part 2 of the lighting showdown last night. I've got a 6' tank w/ 5 Kessil 360WEs over it and was thinking about some supplementation for shading exactly as described. How did you/he mount the reefbrites to the kessils? Curious to see how that worked and did it come out looking slick?!

Right now it's still in the planning stages and waiting on the hood/canopy to be built and delivered by Chris Benner. Once that comes in we'll be mounting the lights and it's off to the races! :)

If you want the inside scoop on what's happening with Ryan's 360 you can follow his Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/BRStvGuy/

Or stay tuned every Thursday to our Talking 360 livestreams for updates on his tank!

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now it's still in the planning stages and waiting on the hood/canopy to be built and delivered by Chris Benner. Once that comes in we'll be mounting the lights and it's off to the races! :)

If you want the inside scoop on what's happening with Ryan's 360 you can follow his Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/BRStvGuy/

Or stay tuned every Thursday to our Talking 360 livestreams for updates on his tank!

If the hood is anything like that stand... woah baby!

OP
OP
T

techdef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Randy,

but a HOOD = booooooo. Was hoping for a slick, low profile solution for those of us who are using the Kessil mounting solutions... Maybe time for some custom brackets eh?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mounting in a hood is easy tbh. The other option will most likely require some type of suspended housing, at least that's what I would do. That or you could have some brackets made to work with the A series arms

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back