OP
OP
Coralsdaily

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My problem was with flatworms in a Euphyllia, so I was able to dip the coral to get rid of some. Others I found crawling on the glass and was able to take them out by hand. I found if I positioned the coral near the glass they were more likely to crawl onto it. I was also able to dislodge a couple I found crawling on rock. I didn’t have a lot of them and they were of the larger sort so it wasn’t too difficult.
Interesting method, thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
Coralsdaily

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flatworm stop = for acro eating flatworms as a longer term treatment option

Flatworm exit = wipe out red panaria in one shot (really 2 or 3 shots but it's designed to wipe out in one shot).

You must have had a serious infestation. Just siphon out what you can see first. Use airline tubing and drain the water into a filter sock then pour it back in the tank. Look behind rocks, macro algae ect. Again you must have had a really bad infestation to have so many issues after.

Killing them slowly just gives them a chance to regroup. Wipe out 99% and then dose a few more times to get any stragglers then it's done.
Thanks for the input!

OP
OP
Coralsdaily

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awww man.
First defense always is to siphon as many as you can. Predatory treatment is safest with addition of 6 lined. Lunate or melanurus wrasse. If you can find one, velvet nudibranch is fantastic
Salifert flatworm exit also works good but siphon dead ones daily as they can release toxins
Yeah my sixline is not earning his keep LOL

OP
OP
Coralsdaily

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s right, Melanurus Wrasse handled mine!

Then she really needed to go on a diet.... she looked pregnant, I didn’t want to hurt her feelings and ask her when she was due.... but come on, save a flatworm for a rainy day rather than eat every single one in a matter of days.....

1604190065561.gif
I've seen someone using a spotted mandarin and that was the fattest spotted mandarin I've ever seen

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might also be worth taking a look at the latest issue of Coral magazine (for those who subscribe). Has an article in it about using lanthanum to eliminate flatworms on p58.

OP
OP
Coralsdaily

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might also be worth taking a look at the latest issue of Coral magazine (for those who subscribe). Has an article in it about using lanthanum to eliminate flatworms on p58.
Wait, Corals magazine is still a thing? The last time I was able to find it in a news stand was last March, and even Amazon cancelled my request to subscribe because they don't carry it anymore. Where on earth can you find Corals Magazine these days?

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait, Corals magazine is still a thing? The last time I was able to find it in a news stand was last March, and even Amazon cancelled my request to subscribe because they don't carry it anymore. Where on earth can you find Corals Magazine these days?
Appears someone rather read a magazine then a phone! Props to them!
But I’m to lazy for that, I mean, who has time to hold a paper with two hands? Not me!
Beer in one, phone in other.

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Digital and print issues ... in case, like bsr2430, you'd rather read it with a phone in one hand while drinking a beer with the other ... rather than flipping through a magazine with a pint glass with in reach:

Reab

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates for us?

in my experience, flatworm stop has done jack all to any flatworm, however I have not had AEFW. Flatworm exit has worked well in effectively killing them but not at wiping them out without having multiple sessions. Spotted mandarin, yellow coris wrasse, and bumblebee snails did not put a dent in the population

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back