How is it done. Tale of 2 photos.

2Sunny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I've been reading the posts here and played with my white balance, taking hundreds of shots trying to "bracket" the effect. I have not yet purchased an orange filter, but that is next on my list. I think, though, that even with an orange filter there's still more as the texture of the coral skin is altogether different in the professional photo. Can I get my coral photo to look like the pros? I'm using Canon's Digital Pro software. Do I need something else? Any and all thoughts or suggestions welcome.

Canon Rebel EOS T1i
Canon 100 mm 1:2.8 Macro
under 20k lighting ATI Powermodule - midday
f9.0, 1/40, ISO 400, standard WB

jasonfoxphoto.jpeg joepeckphoto.jpeg

Last edited:

Soundwave

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try adobe Lightroom. Make sure you shoot in raw and you can adjust all kinds of things that canon won't do in their software. You can black out the background, adjust your coloration and vibrance and get pro looking shots very easily.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lovely coral, I don't know the camera, I use a Nikon 5600 and this is with a Tamron 90 macro, jpeg, I am too lazy to learn photoshop or lightroom!
I would play with your white balance, this is under a Pacific Sun hybrid, normal daytime lights, pink anacropora, that is what I see but I am not a fan of the blue look.

DSC_0256 (1024x751).jpg

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing better then buying a coral online to find it looks nothing like the picture. There is only a couple of online places I trust. Buy local or trade whenever you can. There is some shady stuff out there.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 27.6%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back