How many different foods in your regular rotation?

Extremeengineer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 6, 2024
Messages
186
Reaction score
201
Location
Kalamazoo
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been trying lots of different foods with a young tank and small number of fish. I don’t mix them together, at least I have not yet. Some fish don’t eat certain things, for instance my Tomini Tang likes Spirulina Brine, but just spits out Mysis. I wonder if I gave fewer options if everyone would just eat what was put in front of them as my mother would say. But I was thinking a variety would be beneficial. How many different foods do you feed, and do you mix a buffet or feed single types at once?
 
PE mysis pellets
Hikari crab pellets
Hikari algae wafers
SFB brand coral cuisine, brine shrimp
Reef roids mixed with half a cube of food
Ocean nutrition prime reef and mysis shrimp

Occasionally I'll feed Hikari frozen blood worms

Surprisingly non of my roommates care that I've stolen a rack out of the freezer but I guess it's better than the frozen rats anyways
 
flakes, tdo pellets, live baby brine, mysis, nano reef frenzy, can o cyclops.

If I stop feeding one of these in a while, the don’t recognize it anymore and stop eating it. And then it takes few feedings to get them on it again. The least favorite of these is the nano reef frenzy. I think it’s too chewy. tdo pellets are my favorite because it’s the only one I can drop into the tank directly and the fish will eat it off the surface.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new