How many fish is too many?

samrggzy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in my biocube 32 I already have an ocellaris clown, midas blenny and flameback angel who are all thriving and doing great. The only corals I have right now is a hammer and a small colony of acans which are also doing good. My tank overall is running pretty smooth as of now with no major issues (knock on wood). So my question is, I know there isn't really a max amount of corals I can add besides obviously space restrictions, but given my tank size and current livestock already, how many more fish can I add before it is too much? I was thinking maybe 3 or so but I am just curious to what are some other opinions.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't overcrowd your tank or you'll just have to give or sell away your extra stock in another year. While everyone loves the look of a mature tank, there's also much to admire in the various stages of growth, and if you overstock, you'll miss individual pieces.

You could add a pistol shrimp and goby pair, or a pygmy geometric "hawkfish", or a dwarf whitespotted filefish, but I wouldn't do much more than that.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I imagine an established flameback angel in a biocube will potentially act aggressive to new fish.

You probably want to add fish that hang out away from your current fish.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO 3 or 4 in that size tank. In my 29 I have a sixline wrasse and a pair of mature clowns. If I didn't have the wrasse I feel I could add a couple more small fish. Give them room to grow.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 27 18.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 98 66.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back