how many LED strips, 1 or 2?

ameerun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear fellow reefers,

I plan to buy the Fluval Marine 3.0 LED strip but wonder if I need 1 or 2 for my tank. The display volume is 255 liters (roughly 70 gallon) and the width of the tank is 55 cm, so there is place for 2 strips, I just wonder how to be sure.

Can anybody help me out or point me to a good resource?

Thanks!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of coral are you trying to keep? May want to check out the orphek ones

OP
OP
ameerun

ameerun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of coral are you trying to keep? May want to check out the orphek ones
I plan to go voor soft / LPS, no SPS. I have a closed tank, so don't know if those Orphek fit. First choice was Ilumilite PRO, but not available in the Netherlands...

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with 2, start fairly low and ramp them up over time as needed. Two will give you better spread, more even lighting, and higher available par. It looks like these are controllable so you don't have to worry about too much output.

If you'd rather not spend the money up front, start with one and add a second down the road if needed.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 39 47.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • None.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.8%

Back