how many LED strips, 1 or 2?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ameerun
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ameerun

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 1, 2019
Messages
47
Reaction score
37
Location
Amsterdam
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear fellow reefers,

I plan to buy the Fluval Marine 3.0 LED strip but wonder if I need 1 or 2 for my tank. The display volume is 255 liters (roughly 70 gallon) and the width of the tank is 55 cm, so there is place for 2 strips, I just wonder how to be sure.

Can anybody help me out or point me to a good resource?

Thanks!
 
What type of coral are you trying to keep? May want to check out the orphek ones
 
What type of coral are you trying to keep? May want to check out the orphek ones
I plan to go voor soft / LPS, no SPS. I have a closed tank, so don't know if those Orphek fit. First choice was Ilumilite PRO, but not available in the Netherlands...
 
I would go with 2, start fairly low and ramp them up over time as needed. Two will give you better spread, more even lighting, and higher available par. It looks like these are controllable so you don't have to worry about too much output.

If you'd rather not spend the money up front, start with one and add a second down the road if needed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new