How much salt to make 35ppt

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but people are asking about cups because most people dont keep a scale to measure salt LOL. so my answer is sound, 2.5 cups per 5 gallons to get 1.026 or 35ppt ;)
I didn’t say your answer wasn’t sound. And yes most people don’t keep a scale but I am one of those that does. Even with a scale the weights change due to moisture I also mix mine a little high and add RODI to bring it down so I don’t have additional mixing time cause of having adding salt.

lordraptor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For all of the money people here throw around on equipment, a $20 digital scale is a small price to pay. Most accurate way to measure any ingredients, be it salt for our tanks, or flour for a cake.

For instant Ocean Reef Crystals. 135 grams to 1 gallon
well i dont pay a lot of cash on my gear im running chinese pumps, wavemakers, and led lighting, my tank was used, my skimmer was used. in fact the only thing i can say was new is substrate and sump LOL and i dont know where you are finding a scale for $20 but there is only one place around here that sells scales and they are always sold out of scales under $35 and for me i wont spend the extra $15 and ordering online isnt worth it factoring in shipping and most places now charging tax for online orders.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 34 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 27 20.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back