How Often do You Test?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shep
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2014
Messages
6,864
Reaction score
6,574
Location
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to see how many people test their water and how often.
 
For the first 6 months or so, I tested weekly. Now, I test when I feel something is off.
 
Same here after 6+ years of reefing sometimes once every couple months or If something seems off
 
The end goal is stability so once you finally get everything dialed in if uve succeded u really shouldn't have to religiously. Obviously though it's always better to be proactive then reactive so an occasional test or 2 to catch things before there a problem isn't a bad thing.
 
Alkalinity every few days, nitrate, calcium, and phosphate as I feel like it, magnesium every 4-6 months
 
i only own a thermometer and a swingarm hydro for 15 yrs no other tests required on sm tanks

all you do is chg water 100% weekly and cheat, start with purple live rock and skip the cycle, lasts a long time if you keep up the wc work. if we want to slow down, some tests might help
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new