How to cut perfect OFB teeth

  • Thread starter Thread starter JPG@CFI
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JPG@CFI

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2013
Messages
122
Reaction score
46
Location
Seattle, Wa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guy's,

I get questions all the time about machining acrylic, and how I do different things. This is how I do overflow box teeth. I machine the profile out of some aluminum, and use a small router with a carbide spiral down cut bit, and a collar, pretty simple. I have about a dozen templates, different offsets, and debths, and gaps. I see so much laser cut parts out there, and while it sounds cool, they are pretty thin. I use 3/8" and 1/2" mostly. But I can cut up to 1" pretty easily. If I need teeth in anything thicker, I'll just head down to the Bridgport Milling Machine, and cut whatever I need as a one off part. Let me know what you think, J


 
Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome thanks for sharing!
 
Very NICE Jason, cannot have to many Jigs or Clamps in a Shop. Thanks for sharing and may have to pay you a visit when I'm ready to cut some overflow teeth on new Tank Build. I've been wanting to check out your shop for the past few years anyhow.

Cheers, Todd
 
You could use a dovetail jig, but I just make the template out of some 1/2 x 6" aluminum. It's just easier for me. If the dovetail jig was adjustable so you could pick your profile, then great. Show us your set up. J
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new