How to get anemone to split without cutting?

OP
OP
N

Nem1clownfish2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and I have another question when I bought this bubbletip anemone it was labeled as green bubbletip anemone at the store. But it was all brown how come? Why is it brown I thought it was a green bubbletip anemone!? Is it normal that it is brown? and will it turn green over time?

Brandon3152134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and I have another question when I bought this bubbletip anemone it was labeled as green bubbletip anemone at the store. But it was all brown how come? Why is it brown I thought it was a green bubbletip anemone!? Is it normal that it is brown? and will it turn green over time?
Not enough light/ food most likely light. Does it still have bubbles?

Corgigirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With good lighting and food?
If you want it to split, get some expensive acro frags and glue them down around the tank. He will immediately split into three and wander around the tank finding spots right next to your most expensive and prized acros. At least, that’s what mine did...lol.

Being serious, give him time and keep your water quality up. He should color up, but no guarantee in this hobby. Do your best to keep things stable. This is a hobby where time and experience makes you realize how little you know :). Stick with it, it’s great when everything finally comes together and you can watch your reef grow. You’re going to get things wrong. And get things right. Some things will die on you (ask me about my velvet outbreak sometime, still makes me sad). But it’s so great when something you love grows and thrives. Keep asking questions, lots of really smart people here :)

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend to research on how to care and bring back anemones to good health. You should be focusing on getting the nem back to good health Instead of getting it to split to sell it. Bad practice to sell unhealthy livestock to others

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would focus on stability and lighting. I would test alk and temp every day and test phosphates and salinity like twice a week. Test calcium/nitrates/mag every so often too.

Regarding light, I believe you have a Kessil? Is there any way you can post your current lighting specs?

codycolina707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well there is a problem about feeding my nem whenever I TRY to feed the nem the clownfish always steel the mysis shrimp! But the weird thing is the clownfish dont even eat it they just spit it out! Anything I can do?
need to feed bigger food ive had my clowns grab a big piece of LRS food and feed it to my nem it split the next day

reefer024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it eating now? You have another post it wasn't doing so good. And do you have the new led set up yet? Color could be due to running more white and no blues. Post a picture of set up and anemone.

reefer024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So reefer024 you think it is better if I use Blue LEDS and not white LEDs? Is it better to have white LEDs or blue LEDs for an anemone?
Can you change the led to blue setting? The anemone will most likely show more color under the blues. They don't look the same under white. Blues bring out the florescence in the anemone

Arabyps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well there is a problem about feeding my nem whenever I TRY to feed the nem the clownfish always steel the mysis shrimp! But the weird thing is the clownfish dont even eat it they just spit it out! Anything I can do?
I feed mine a slice of raw shrimp (kind you buy at the grocery store). I don't have clown fish trying to get the food, but the cleaner shrimp are ravenous. I shoo them away with a stick until the nem has taken the food. Mysis shrimp are very small and probably easier for the clowns to grab.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 9.1%
Back