how to kill red (pest) sponge?

  • Thread starter Thread starter capt85
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

capt85

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2010
Messages
151
Reaction score
8
Location
springfield mo
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a frag of dendros from a friend back in august and there was a small patch of maroon algae on it. Since than it has grown around the dendros and oj the rocks. My dendros have fought it off and have great PE when I feed. I need to find a way to remove this without killing my dendros.


Any ideas? I have exposed it to air and brushed it off with a toothbrush but it still comes back.

Thanks

2012-01-13_00-58-58_802.jpg


2012-01-13_00-59-22_441.jpg
 
Kalk paste?

CJ
 
I'll be interested to know if anyone has any suggestions. I have the same sponge (though it looks black in my tank).
 
I thought of that but was a little afraid to because of how delicate dendros can be, and the sponge is right next to the polyp


Anyone try this?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new