How to restore my clownfish pair?

allsite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some major tank-crashing issues recently and got a ton of help in this forum. So many mistakes weeded out with both technique and equipment. It's been a little over a month since disaster and things are looking really good. No more heat spikes (room issue), false flag ammonia panic, SG inconsistencies, bad test kits, poor mixing practice...the list goes on. I'm pleased to have my remaining clownfish alive for the rebuild/restocking.

My clownfish is a big female boss-fish. Very fierce, but just lazy enough to not kill off faster/smaller fish. She had her male partner doing the "don't kill me" dance very often, yet she never actually nipped (she does bite me though). Bottom line, this fish had been the boss of my 36 gallon tank and is currently the only fish.

I was thinking about introducing a smaller male clownfish and possible another tank-mate at the same time. Perhaps a yellowfin damselfish, like the one my clowns chased around for years but never killed.

Although I'm fairly new to saltwater, I did run the tank for 2 years with zero deaths. My experience with restocking is simply nonexistent. QT tank is cycled and ready. Let's go!

(EDIT: Livestock before disaster include: Pair of clowns, small tomini tang, bicolored basslet, yellowfin damselfish, cleanup friends)

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back