How would you improve aeration in a tank?

ddc0715

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I preformed the aeration test on my tank water using both inside an outside air.

starting tank ph 8.04
tank temp 78
outside temp 81
inside temp 73
1630534484863.png

The impact to my ph was a postive, up to 8.18 and 8.12. So how would I increase the aeration in my main 150g mix reef tank? I already have a bubble mag curve 5 skimmer,pulling outside air thru a co2 scrubber. At present I have an air pump adding air but that's just a draft set up.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Running fan across top is one way

adding an air stone via air pump is another
Aim water flow towards the water surface is yet another

high temperatures decrease oxygen so keep in range of 77-79

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I preformed the aeration test on my tank water using both inside an outside air.

starting tank ph 8.04
tank temp 78
outside temp 81
inside temp 73
1630534484863.png

The impact to my ph was a postive, up to 8.18 and 8.12. So how would I increase the aeration in my main 150g mix reef tank? I already have a bubble mag curve 5 skimmer,pulling outside air thru a co2 scrubber. At present I have an air pump adding air but that's just a draft set up.
Perhaps the CO2 your skimmer is blowing off, being liberated from the display and is settling in the sump.Try blowing it away, even if temporarilly to see if it helps. Even wafting the sump doors would give you an idea.

aquatimeFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're still struggling to get dissolved oxygen raised in your water one of the best methods is a Multi Venturi. It is a device that can connect to the outflow from your sump and returns the water back into your tank with a lot of oxygen intake. Or you can get a short compact version that actually goes inside of your sump where it is hidden. There are multiple versions. Best thing is the Multi -Venturi gets rid of the loud suction noise a traditional venturi creates so it's extremely quiet. It nearly maxes out dissolved oxygen. The device is called a grow greenie aerator. You can find videos on YouTube.

aquatimeFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps the CO2 your skimmer is blowing off, being liberated from the display and is settling in the sump.Try blowing it away, even if temporarilly to see if it helps. Even wafting the sump doors would give you an idea.

starting tank ph 8.04
tank temp 78
outside temp 81
inside temp 73
1630534484863.png

Also you could put a Multi -Venturi in your sump. Super quiet way to raise dissolved oxygen to near max saturation in an aquarium without putting bubbles in the aquarium. place it in a sump tank before the bubble trap.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back