How would YOU light it??

Caleb123

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2019
Messages
344
Reaction score
141
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a Waterbox Peninsula 4820 that I am having trouble deciding how to light. I have 2 Radion XR15 G6 blue on it currently, but I can already tell that I will not be satisfied with these alone. I built a custom 80/20 light bar mount, similar to what Devin (Reef Dudes) has on his tank, so mounting is not an issue.

The tank is roughly 48” x 20” x 22”

My question is, what would you do to add more light?

Add a 3rd XR15?
Add some AI Blades (& if so which ones)?
Throw in a different light in the middle?
Use some other kind of strip light?

Any input/opinions are appreciated!
 
Two Radion XR15s should be enough. Before suggesting you throw more money at lighting, can you post your current lighting schedule? (screenshot from Mobius)

It could just be a question of tweaking your settings. You could certainly augment with AI Blades (as they'll also run off Mobius).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new