How's this different than Reefcentral?

ConcreteReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was banned from "youknowwho.com" for sending a PM..
I don't like when the people who make the rules, break the rules...

I like this site because there are not 6000 "which skimmer should i buy" threads
The forum layout is better
The Mods are nice
The search button actually works
I think this forum has the potential to knock "youknowwho.com" off it's high-horse.

dscott59

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been in the hobby for 4+ years and have to agree with the majority. RC folks just seem very rude, no response to some posts I posted for help and if there was a response it didnt make me feel welcome.
Yeah, I only have 8 or so post on R2R but with the friendly attitude and feeling I get just from browsing and seeing everyone honestly polite and trying to help this site has been book marked as a favorite, on the other, well I know where to find them if needed. I guess thats why I am up at 2:30 am and enjoying every forum, thread or post I come across....
I think R2R will be thriving and a must for reefers for a very long time.
My .02....
Dale....

Last edited:

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
All message boards have some strengths and weaknesses. I post on most reef message boards.​

I helped get rc off the ground back in the day and was good friends with the original owners. I also have a few good friends that are still mods there.​

The one thing you can not deny is the wealth of information that comes out of RC still. There are some knowledgeable people there. Even though more and more of the knowledgeable people are leaving.​

That being said they do have some issues. I argue with my buddies that are mods on the subject and their answer pretty much is when you get to that size you are going to have some issues and people are going to have issues with you. Rc is having major growing pains and is having a hard time dealing with the size. They have got so big they are taxing the software and are at the point they need to do something drastic.
The other issue is they have taken on some mods that are like *****. A few have egos and really should not be mods and anger some people. Look at what happened to the breeders forum. It was one of the best breeders forums around and now it is dead. They ticked off some of the key breeders and now they are on marinebreeder.net.​

Dave​

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you all for your confidence in us here at R2R. The mods and the members make the site, and you guys are all doing a great job!

On another note, we don't want to talk about any other forums in a negative light. We all have our problems as forums. Thanks for your understanding.

PS. I love you all! :D

Jposch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for your confidence in us here at R2R. The mods and the members make the site, and you guys are all doing a great job!

On another note, we don't want to talk about any other forums in a negative light. We all have our problems as forums. Thanks for your understanding.

PS. I love you all! :D
Definitely poor etiquette.

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.

IMG_9438.jpeg

Mr. Roboto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I think it is very similar to Reefcentral. Personal observation it is very "clicky" on here. And the paying for badges and titles... no comment

It is... but ya gotta give props to dude reviving a 15 year old thread! Thats some Sunday shenanigans. LOL

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in the day, I would have agreed with the 15 year old replies, except I was the opposite. I enjoyed reef central and did not like it here (I forget what username I had then).

That said, for me my opinion remains largely unchanged, however the forum activity has reversed. RC is now the small group and R2R is on top. I still enjoy RC and post there regularly, but the moderation has significantly loosened from what it once was. Their forum upgrade in recent years has been a much welcome change too. Both sites still have great info.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back