HUGE Random Flow Generator - We're going REALLY big this time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys need to treat this prototype like they do the Stanley cup. Random pictures of it random places around town...etc.
that a really good idea - maybe we''ll run a contest for someone to win one he on R2R, along with some nozzles of an appropriate size as well. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look great and I’m sure work brilliantly, I personally would be concerned about my Koi injuring themselves on the edges, but maybe some way to construct a guard around them
Not real familiar with Koi - would you be worried about them scratching themselves on the end of the valuate or some other part of the nozzle? Since they are 3D prints, we could certainly modify the design to make them "Koi safe", so to speak.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not real familiar with Koi - would you be worried about them scratching themselves on the end of the valuate or some other part of the nozzle? Since they are 3D prints, we could certainly modify the design to make them "Koi safe", so to speak.
It’s on 2 fronts really, one you can potentially reduce, the outer front edge looks sharp, and could be radiused etc, the 2nd unfortunately you couldn’t really do anything about, anything rigid sticking out in the pond my Koi will swin into / against and a 25lb koi can easily cut itself bad. I’ve had this in the past with return pipes only sticking out of the wall 1”. I don’t think these could be built into the pond wall as i think it would stop the Venturi working, but I could be wrong on that.

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think these could be built into the pond wall as i think it would stop the Venturi working, but I could be wrong on that.

We have seen instances were users have flush mounted the Random Flow Generator Nozzles into reef decorations (fake coral displayed) , so that the nozzle sticks out behind the false wall and the outlet is flush with the front. As long as there is enough water supply around the back of the nozzle it work as intended.

We are actually working on a solution for that and have a few things in the works. ;-)

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow ... that 4 inch nozzle is enough to propel my tank to a Galaxy far, far away .... :D
Maybe even further than that - LOL

Here's a pic of the first and second prototypes next to a standard sized 3/4in RFG nozzle - we are ready to start testing :)

Message_1537480758469.jpg

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe even further than that - LOL

Here's a pic of the first and second prototypes next to a standard sized 3/4in RFG nozzle - we are ready to start testing :)

Message_1537480758469.jpg

Hmmmm ... just a wild/silly thought. This would make a nice catch basin for algae scrubber system eh ;)?

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that a really good idea - maybe we''ll run a contest for someone to win one he on R2R, along with some nozzles of an appropriate size as well. :rolleyes:

I'd totally mount that to my 4 wheeler and put a horn inside of it.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tiny 3/4" fitting seems to be struggling with inadequacy issues in the shadows of the two monster nozzles.
It's even turning green with envy.

(Love the printer production photos! )

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tiny 3/4" fitting seems to be struggling with inadequacy issues in the shadows of the two monster nozzles.
It's even turning green with envy.

(Love the printer production photos! )
I agree - it;s so small it can actually fit through the jet in the middle of the 4in nozzles without even touching the sides :-D

The green one was printed for your display tanks for a recent show - it glows in Black light. Printed in PLA. Sadly they don't have that color in PETG.

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the slow update on this thread - but we did have an opportunity to test this RFG400 nozzle a few times and are working on the next prototype. The first test had a few issues, but revealed that this could work. the second test on the other hand went almost exactly as planned and really showed what this giant Nozzle was capable of.

We ran 2 of these at an estimated 150 GPM each, with the main pump throttled back a little more then 50%. The results were very interesting. Here are a few pics. i have a few videos hat will follow shortly

the RFG400!
20180927_125759.jpg

Installed in the first of two tanks
20180927_141127.jpg

Installed in the second tank - we ran two of this nozzles in this +/- 16K gallon aquarium
20180927_120928.jpg

The pump driving the nozzles int he second tank.
20180927_125420.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back