Rating - 0%
0   0   0

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah they proliferate pretty fast, I use to keep a patch of them at bay by kalking them every now and then

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Bristletail Filefish from Live Aquaria for an aiptasia outbreak and he took care of the hydroids I had as a bonus!!

OP
OP
alberthiel

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah they proliferate pretty fast, I use to keep a patch of them at bay by kalking them every now and then

Yes and because of the many diifferent types sometimes it is hard to identify them as one could think they are some kind of tiny tube worm until suddenly there are far more of them and they start spreading all over the Nano-Reef or Reef for that matter. Kalking them works indeed, but there are a number of other methods IME but it depends whether the rocks on which they are can be removed or not. Thanks for your input. Appreciated

OP
OP
alberthiel

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Bristletail Filefish from Live Aquaria for an aiptasia outbreak and he took care of the hydroids I had as a bonus!!

Thanks for the post, and yes those will eat Aiptasia and if it ate your Hydroids that was a bonus for sure. The problem can be that they will also nip on soft and LPS corals unless they are super well fed and then IME they may still do it ... did you have any issues with the Leatherjacket as it is sometimes called nibbling on any of your corals?

Back