Hydros Control 2 , Control 4 and accessories question and answer thread.

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had this happen?

I’m setting up my control x2 and went through the WiFi setup. It says that it was successfully connected, but will not reboot after that… stays breathing purple. So it is connected over Bluetooth but shows device not responding over WiFi. Also I do have a 2.4Ghz network.

Is your 2.4Ghz network a different name than your 5Ghz?

Last edited:

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another option out there for those who want to use their 0-10V input port on their X4, WE, or WELE soft switches, or other fun projects:

the DIY forum also has some background on how to use the 0-10v port for some various projects:

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone with the Hydros doser think it is a decent doser? I can't find much information/ long(ish) term reviews on it since it is relatively new and specific.

Looking to add a doser to another tank. My main tank has a Kamoer X1 Pro wifi pump. This tank has an open drive port from my X4. I COULD move my X1 to the other tank and run the Hydros pump on main. I assume they are the same internals for the most part.

Is the Hydros pump a good enough pump for simple Alk dosing?

Or, should I drop a bit more $$ and get a stand alone unit like the ReefDose 2/4 to future proof my dosing needs. The fact I can't chain the Hydros dosers and have them on separate schedules is... concerning.

Anyone have actual experience with the Hydros doser?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone with the Hydros doser think it is a decent doser? I can't find much information/ long(ish) term reviews on it since it is relatively new and specific.

Looking to add a doser to another tank. My main tank has a Kamoer X1 Pro wifi pump. This tank has an open drive port from my X4. I COULD move my X1 to the other tank and run the Hydros pump on main. I assume they are the same internals for the most part.

Or, should I drop a bit more $$ and get a stand alone unit like the ReefDose 2/4 to future proof my dosing needs. The fact I can't chain the Hydros dosers and have them on separate schedules is... concerning.

I use one for an ATO pump. It has been working great for me. It is actually made by Kamoer for Hydros. I think the pump motor and head are the same as the X1. It is not stand alone and does require a controller. It comes with a drive port cable but you can get a power pack for it if you want to use a controlled AC outlet.

Last edited:

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have two. They work great so far and easy set up with the controller

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at upgrading my old DA Reef Keeper Lite. Apex is too highly priced for what it is and the Hydros looks to be a great modern counter part to DA. Those that are using a Hydros how do you like it? Please give me some feed back. Also I'm not sure on the difference between the Control 2 and the Control XS?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at upgrading my old DA Reef Keeper Lite. Apex is too highly priced for what it is and the Hydros looks to be a great modern counter part to DA. Those that are using a Hydros how do you like it? Please give me some feed back. Also I'm not sure on the difference between the Control 2 and the Control XS?
I went from DA to Hydros. For me it was an easy transition. The XS only has 4 sense ports for inputs. These can be used for temp sensors, water level sensors, leak detectors and more. The X2 or Control 2 only has 2 sense ports and 2 drive ports. So it depends on what you want to do as to which one will be best. If you need more All you have to do is add another control unit and start a collective. You will need a control buss cable and a terminator to connect the two together. One supply will power at least 4 control units since I had a X4, 2 X2's and a XS all on one supply. I now have 8 control units in two locations in a collective. So it can grow as your needs increase. I started with an X4 starter kit. The starter kit for all comes with at least a power supply, a control unit, a temp sensor and a wifi power strip. the X4 and X3 also has a pH probe with them. The X3 has two sense ports and a probe port.

kpc01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the 0-10v will drive newer powerheads. I have some older tunze (no attached controller) but they do work with the 7096. Will these still work with the 0-10v output on hydros? Also do I need wave engine to actually setup the "wave" control like I would with the tunze controller?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the 0-10v will drive newer powerheads. I have some older tunze (no attached controller) but they do work with the 7096. Will these still work with the 0-10v output on hydros? Also do I need wave engine to actually setup the "wave" control like I would with the tunze controller?
The Control 4 will control 0-10v wave pumps. The pump have to have a 0-10v control input to work with the 0-10v output. It is just a control output and not a power port.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Apologies if similar questions have been asked earlier in this thread but……

Is there a specific Hydros protocol for the controllers to communicate with the Wi-Fi sockets or do they use standard signals? In particular, I am considering a weird setup that might benefit from some USB switching. Is something like this likely to work?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They use the Tuya protocol. The ones that look like the Hydros are not much cheaper and don't come with the mounting bracket.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Has anyone else recently seen an increase in the number of times that the power strip drops offline?

I had set up a separate access point and, whilst it didn't fully resolve the problem, it was better and was only dropping off a couple of times a day.

Over the last few days, it has dropped off repeatedly (maybe 8 times a day). I don't know why this has suddenly changed and assume it is to do with my network (although I haven't changed anything) but just wondered if it was just me?

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone else recently seen an increase in the number of times that the power strip drops offline?

I had set up a separate access point and, whilst it didn't fully resolve the problem, it was better and was only dropping off a couple of times a day.

Over the last few days, it has dropped off repeatedly (maybe 8 times a day). I don't know why this has suddenly changed and assume it is to do with my network (although I haven't changed anything) but just wondered if it was just me?
Yes I am a ton. I just sent in another ticket. I never had issues until recently and it’s every day. I have tried everything there is and nothing fixes it.

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

None for me but I never have. Even set up another Hydros on my qt and have had zero connection issues. Put in a ticket, maybe they can help you sort it out.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

nope, all five working fine.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back