Hydros not showing wi-fi

RaymondsWorlddd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m trying to set up my hydros x4 and xp8. When I click to add device, no wi-fi networks are showing up. I’m stuck on this screen.

I just moved into an apartment building that is all serviced by BAI internet. They have insisted that their routers give off both signals. They had me turn on my iPhones hotspot (because that is 2.4ghz) and that still does not show on the hydros app which is leading me to think it is an issue with the hydros. Their are multiple devices that only work on 2.4ghz frequency that are connected with no problem.

I have followed all the rules and Wi-Fi networks are still not showing up on either device.

81965B54-206D-4385-9B31-2C8DB1D16663.png

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to set up my hydros x4 and xp8. When I click to add device, no wi-fi networks are showing up. I’m stuck on this screen.

I just moved into an apartment building that is all serviced by BAI internet. They have insisted that their routers give off both signals. They had me turn on my iPhones hotspot (because that is 2.4ghz) and that still does not show on the hydros app which is leading me to think it is an issue with the hydros. Their are multiple devices that only work on 2.4ghz frequency that are connected with no problem.

I have followed all the rules and Wi-Fi networks are still not showing up on either device.

81965B54-206D-4385-9B31-2C8DB1D16663.png
The 2.4ghz signal has to have a different name than the 5ghz for it to work with the Hydros. Is that the case? Also you may want to submit a support ticket for this with CoralVue
Here is a link https://support.coralvue.com/submit_ticket .

OP
OP
RaymondsWorlddd

RaymondsWorlddd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The 2.4ghz signal has to have a different name than the 5ghz for it to work with the Hydros. Is that the case? Also you may want to submit a support ticket for this with CoralVue
Here is a link https://support.coralvue.com/submit_ticket .
I won’t be able to separate the frequencies, so I purchased the Wi-Fi extender that hydros recommended on their page. I tried setting it up as a extender first and only extending the 2.4ghz signal and that still didn’t show up on the hydros app. I’m trying to set it up as a wired access point but I’m having trouble setting that up with my internet company (I’m in contact with them).

But what’s standing out to me is that not a single Wi-Fi connection shows up in hydros. I only get the circling clownfish as shown above. Could this be a hydros issue?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is doing the same with either controller it is not likely to be a Hydros issue. Do you have bluetooth turned on on the device you are using the app on?

OP
OP
RaymondsWorlddd

RaymondsWorlddd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If it is doing the same with either controller it is not likely to be a Hydros issue. Do you have bluetooth turned on on the device you are using the app on?
I do. I’ve tried on my iPhone and on my iPad. I was told that if I turn on my mobile hotspot, that gives off a 2.4ghz frequency and the “device” should detect it. But I still only get the circling clownfish.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume they were working before you moved. Can you setup the original name and password into the hotspot an see if the will connect. If they have not been reset they should have the credentials for that still.

OP
OP
RaymondsWorlddd

RaymondsWorlddd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I assume they were working before you moved. Can you setup the original name and password into the hotspot an see if the will connect. If they have not been reset they should have the credentials for that still.
This is the first time I’m setting it up. I purchased the bundle before I moved here with the intent to set it up once the tank was set up. I purchased it brand new

OP
OP
RaymondsWorlddd

RaymondsWorlddd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If I restart the hydros app and click to set up the xp8, all it does is reset the xp8. But nothing else happens. Still the circling clownfish.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get several on mine. Some are not even in my house. Since yours have not been setup before the top box is going to be like it shows. Mine is already setup. Something may be blocking them from the controllers. The list comes from the controller. You do have internet service on the device you are using the app on? The app will not work without internet. The device you use also has to have wifi.

16D914A5-031F-4E01-8DC8-791B26D5313E.png

OP
OP
RaymondsWorlddd

RaymondsWorlddd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I get several on mine. Some are not even in my house. Since yours have not been setup before the top box is going to be like it shows. Mine is already setup. Something may be blocking them from the controllers. The list comes from the controller. You do have internet service on the device you are using the app on? The app will not work without internet. The device you use also has to have wifi.

16D914A5-031F-4E01-8DC8-791B26D5313E.png
Yes, I have internet on my phone and my iPad. I’ve tried over cellular service and Wi-Fi. I’ve tried on my iPad off the hotspot from my phone. I feel like I’ve tried everything and I’m still only getting the circling clownfish which makes me think that it’s the controller.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You said both controllers are doing this. It would be hard to believe that 2 controllers would have the same issue at the same time. Do you have another location you could try one and see if it has the same issue there? If one of them works at another location then that would narrow it down to something at that location causing the issue. If it works somewhere else you may be able to get them connected to your access point if you can get that hooked up at a different location. Then see if they will automatically connect to it when back at the current location.

Connor At CoralVue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I have internet on my phone and my iPad. I’ve tried over cellular service and Wi-Fi. I’ve tried on my iPad off the hotspot from my phone. I feel like I’ve tried everything and I’m still only getting the circling clownfish which makes me think that it’s the controller.
Finally getting the notifications for this thread...and a tag by @Peace River got my attention. Did you get a chance to create a support ticket? Feel free to send me a message PM! Lets get you fixed up. Im sure its something small.

Are you using Android, do you have locations, bluetooth and locations enabled?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back