Hydros WaveEngine Users

Mar344

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
Working on a plan for a new tank and the Hydros WaveEngine seem too good to be true. I am planning on a ~230 gallon peninsula and want to start with 2x Maxspect 350 Gyres, one on each end. If needed I would add some MP40's or equivalent powerheads. I am curious to see who is using the WaveEngine and their opinions on them this far.

Thanks!

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't really talked about it much but I have it running 2x XF230 gyres on my DT, and it will be running the XF350 & IC4K gyres on my new tank as well. I was originally going to run 2gyre 2 octopulse, but will keep my SW-4's and run them off the WE's 0-10v as well.

I like it, though I will be making up a control to shut pumps off via my profilux via a physical switch. The only knock I have against it, at this point, is the lack of a quick way to turn off other than pulling the power cord. If they released a "WE" remote button or something similar to turn off / turn feed mode, etc, I think it would be one of the best options on the market.

OP
OP
Mar344

Mar344

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't really talked about it much but I have it running 2x XF230 gyres on my DT, and it will be running the XF350 & IC4K gyres on my new tank as well. I was originally going to run 2gyre 2 octopulse, but will keep my SW-4's and run them off the WE's 0-10v as well.

I like it, though I will be making up a control to shut pumps off via my profilux via a physical switch. The only knock I have against it, at this point, is the lack of a quick way to turn off other than pulling the power cord. If they released a "WE" remote button or something similar to turn off / turn feed mode, etc, I think it would be one of the best options on the market.
Thanks for the info. Would you be able to turn the pumps off using an apex through the 0-10?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks everyone for the reply's. Definitley confirmed putting the WaveEngine on the equipment list.

The WaveEngine is on my short list as well!

Big C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use it for two Gyre 250s and hopefully my Octopus Skimmer in the future.

I have it wired to the Apex and shut off for feeding and maintenance. You can manually override if you need to shutdown, slow or speed up each pump if needed.

Really like not needing all the power bricks.

4CD8A478-AA99-4006-977A-5913D6DDC60B.jpeg

Berlibee

.Wen Game.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just received my order. Waveengine + two Gyres pumps as well. I do have also two MP10s from my previous tank that I want to connect also. I think it's a fantastic piece of the equipment. I can't wait to try it, still waiting on the tank. But I'm sure I will try it soon.

Markk96

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the Wave Engine for 3 months now. Run one Gyre 330 and one Grye 350 in a wave pattern. I also have it controlling my return pump which is a Varios 4. It is nice to get rid of all the control boxes and cords. I have not had one single issue with it, so if you have any questions just ask.

JerSaint

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently running the Wave Engine on my 265G display. I have Gyre 3K’s mounted in between my 3 overflow boxes. I love that I was able to loose two bricks from my wire management mess and go directly into the WE. Corals are responding very well to the SPS Reef preset and I recently added in a Nutrient Export preset one the middle of the night. I am going to be doubling down on gyres and adding 2 of the 4k’s to my system. Added bonus with wave engine you can purchase the pump only without the controller and save quite a few bucks! I am a huge fan of the wave engine and the support offered if you have questions is world class!

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use it for two Gyre 250s and hopefully my Octopus Skimmer in the future.

I have it wired to the Apex and shut off for feeding and maintenance. You can manually override if you need to shutdown, slow or speed up each pump if needed.

Really like not needing all the power bricks.

4CD8A478-AA99-4006-977A-5913D6DDC60B.jpeg
I've just received my order. Waveengine + two Gyres pumps as well. I do have also two MP10s from my previous tank that I want to connect also. I think it's a fantastic piece of the equipment. I can't wait to try it, still waiting on the tank. But I'm sure I will try it soon.
I have had the Wave Engine for 3 months now. Run one Gyre 330 and one Grye 350 in a wave pattern. I also have it controlling my return pump which is a Varios 4. It is nice to get rid of all the control boxes and cords. I have not had one single issue with it, so if you have any questions just ask.
inbound3332100980916898210.jpg

Absolutely love my Wave Engine. One of my favorite pieces of equipment!

This is awesome! Thanks for chiming in, dudes!

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The 0-10v input can absolutely be used in that fashion, with or without a controller. With just 1 of the 4 inputs, you can make a housing with a bunch of buttons to control several different modes. I recently made one for the IceCap Hydros dual pump controller, with a simple 9v battery to apply voltage. (Utilize resistors to obtain multiple voltages from 1 battery, for multiple buttons).

FQHx2YU.jpg

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The 0-10v input can absolutely be used in that fashion, without a controller. With just 1 of the 4 inputs, you can make a housing with a bunch of buttons to control several different modes. I recently made one for the IceCap Hydros dual pump controller, with a simple 9v battery to apply voltage. (Utilize resistors to obtain multiple voltages from 1 battery, for multiple buttons).

FQHx2YU.jpg

I think the WaveEngine's 0-10V has power, too, so a battery wouldn't necessarily be required. I could be wrong! Don't hold me to this.

@Kyl Please don't hesitate to contact the @TheHarold if you would like him to make a physical button (or buttons?) for you. He's a good dude!

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the WaveEngine's 0-10V has power, too, so a battery wouldn't necessarily be required. I could be wrong! Don't hold me to this.

You're definitely right! Forgot about that part. No battery!!

Can get 1v, 2v, 3v, 4v, 5v (Or smaller intervals) etc just using resistors and that 5v.

Just ordered the WaveEngine to apex cable from you guys, so I can reverse engineer that port (I know the apex pinout) and see what I can come up with :D.

Last edited:

Big C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. You can set an incoming 0-10v signal to trigger "events/modes" for lack of a better word.

This is one of the features I like. I have several different events (different voltages) from my Apex back the the WaveEngine. All I have to do is press the correct Feed Mode on my Apex and the WaveEngine does it’s thing.

Now if I could run my skimmer off the WaveEngine and eliminate another brick and controller....

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is one of the features I like. I have several different events (different voltages) from my Apex back the the WaveEngine. All I have to do is press the correct Feed Mode on my Apex and the WaveEngine does it’s thing.

Now if I could run my skimmer off the WaveEngine and eliminate another brick and controller....

Most, if not all of the #reefoctopus Regal and Elite skimmers will run off from the #WaveEngine. What skimmer do you currently have?

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back