Hydros WaveEngine Users

Big C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most, if not all of the #reefoctopus Regal and Elite skimmers will run off from the #WaveEngine. What skimmer do you currently have?

Reef Octopus with the Varios4s pump. When I started it up it shutdown stating the pump is blocked. Same thing when I start it up slowly, it states it locks up above 70ish percent output. Coralvue mentioned it might not work with the pinwheel impleller. I had accidentally thought the Various4 was the same as the 4s (which yes I know way different impeller).

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Octopus with the Varios4s pump. When I started it up it shutdown stating the pump is blocked. Same thing when I start it up slowly, it states it locks up above 70ish percent output. Coralvue mentioned it might not work with the pinwheel impleller. I had accidentally thought the Various4 was the same as the 4s (which yes I know way different impeller).

I'm inquiring about this now because I actually assumed the same thing. Thank you for posting this.

OP
OP
Mar344

Mar344

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thabk
I hated to leave my post with a picture of a half completed project.....

E3AB6B7F-52E6-4620-A915-466E8139A0F8.jpeg
Looks Great!

OP
OP
Mar344

Mar344

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 0-10v input can absolutely be used in that fashion, with or without a controller. With just 1 of the 4 inputs, you can make a housing with a bunch of buttons to control several different modes. I recently made one for the IceCap Hydros dual pump controller, with a simple 9v battery to apply voltage. (Utilize resistors to obtain multiple voltages from 1 battery, for multiple buttons).

FQHx2YU.jpg
This is awesome!! Thanks for the info!

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Wave Engine. I’ve talked 2 others into getting one and have 2 more that will likely in the near future. I’m currently running 2 maxxspect 250’s and 2 icecap 3k’s Director drive. Through the 0-10v I’m running 2 Jebao pp-20’s and 2 Jebao pp-8’s. And when I get my frag tanks done those will share an output and I will connect a icecap 2k dual controller to half of the open plug.
I have the apx cable to hook to my Profilux. I just haven’t fished my adapter I made to go from rj12 to rj45 thru my cabinet though. I’ve been busy building frag tanks.

OP
OP
Mar344

Mar344

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have the battery backup?? I see it mentioned in the product description, but haven't seen it actually sold yet. Does it have it's own battery backup? Or just compatible with other brands battery backups?

Thanks!

Big C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have the battery backup?? I see it mentioned in the product description, but haven't seen it actually sold yet. Does it have it's own battery backup? Or just compatible with other brands battery backups?

Thanks!

I have the Icecap Battery Backup and thought they were working in the adaptors to make it compatible (There is a thread out there in this somewhere). For now I have it on a small UPS to give me time to get my house generator online.

Big C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks!

OP
OP
Mar344

Mar344

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Huge bummer they don't offer any battery backup solution. Either offer a cable adapter or a battery. May hold off.
They've stated a hydros focused backup is in the works for the fall, but that was pre-covid.

Not to hijack this thread but does anybody know if the direct drive pump adapters are the same for the 4Ks and XF350s?
I'll let you know tomorrow for sure but I would 100% bet they are physically different.

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using mine to run 3 gyre 330’s and two mp10’s on a 120 reef. My only disappointment is that you don’t get rid of the power bricks for the mp 10’s. Once I figured out how to program it it has been a nice upgrade. I will eventually add one to my 180 system too.

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW it took about 1 minute to setup my new XF350 and have it run opposite to the existing IC4K. Plug in, add pump, assign group, done.

I think an official accessory to assign physical buttons to it, that you can mount anywhere you want, would be a good future offering and is really the only thing I can suggest in terms of upgrades.

HuneyBear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW it took about 1 minute to setup my new XF350 and have it run opposite to the existing IC4K. Plug in, add pump, assign group, done.

I think an official accessory to assign physical buttons to it, that you can mount anywhere you want, would be a good future offering and is really the only thing I can suggest in terms of upgrades.
Are you meaning a feed button or some other type of control? I feel like they might feel as they have the feed pause handled with the ability to tie it into 0-10v of an aquarium controller. I’m happy with it all around myself. But, it would be nice to have an easy countdown type feed, pause type that didn’t require a phone or tablet. Hell even an easy little remote like this one on this remote outlet
ED4A8FD0-7D35-4390-BA2F-6F03C5EEA8FC.jpeg

Not everyone has a controller on their aquarium. It wouldn’t even have to be as many options. A simple timed pause with ability to cancel timer would do.

Kyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since it's going to be tied into their hydros controller, I see it as an opportunity not just for the wave engine. We'll see how they roll things out, but in hindsight even a single physical button on the controller housing itself, along with the gyre WE Jr. would have been a huge benefit.

aap15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone received this message? "Pump locked, no pump detected." I just tried hooking up this IceCap gyre 1k pump tonight. The octopulse 4 has been run ing two months without issue. I have disconnected, delete and readded the pump multiple time and still get the same message. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Screenshot_20200523-204048.jpg

kjbrooks71

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone received this message? "Pump locked, no pump detected." I just tried hooking up this IceCap gyre 1k pump tonight. The octopulse 4 has been run ing two months without issue. I have disconnected, delete and readded the pump multiple time and still get the same message. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Screenshot_20200523-204048.jpg
I had this issue with my OP4, check you connection ( i know it sounds stupid but it did help).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back