I.d please..efflo maybe?

Jmareef1022

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 27, 2018
Messages
467
Reaction score
365
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, so for the longest I've been trying to I.d this acro. It's finally grown big enough where I think someone might be able to I.d it. Seems to be tabling. What you experts think? Frag grown from 12/17. Thinking of fragging half of it but want to be able to I.d before I sell or trade.

Thanks Jose

20190404_124439.jpg


20190316_192450.jpg


20171217_144245.jpg
 
Looks like A. Valida. Awesome structure though
 
Sweet thanks, I just though valida grew tall didn't think it was that.
 
Should I call it purple tip valida?
 
I would. I also wouldn’t entirely rule out Efflorescens either. They have a very variable growth form depending on the flow it’s in. The colors look to be correct, not that it’s a reliable identifier.
 
Valida and yes they will table as well especially when they get big. They will even form a whole sheet like efflos but with branches coming out.
 
I would. I also wouldn’t entirely rule out Efflorescens either. They have a very variable growth form depending on the flow it’s in. The colors look to be correct, not that it’s a reliable identifier.
Thanks everyone, seems like it's a purple tip valida. I was at my lfs and saw a tri color valida that was totally different that's why had me all confused.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new