I HATE FedEx

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After tracking down and working months to coordinate getting a fish from a fellow R2R reefer, enter FedEx to mess it all up.

Here is the tracking history, it was supposed to arrive by 10:30am. It got held up in Memphis and they told me that they would still get it to me by end of the day.

2021-03-16 (2).png

I'm like great! It's here! Dulles is only 35 minutes from my house.

I called FedEx and ask when will it make it here? They tell me not till tomorrow. What???

I explain the situation. I tell them I'm willing to go to the airport and pick up the package literally ANYTIME tonight.

Their answer was, sorry you can't pick up from there without the shipper requesting.

No problem, I'll get the shipper on the phone.

Then the answer changes to sorry, the item needs to be scanned. Ok, when will you scan the item. The answer, not till tomorrow.

I explain the situation, it's not the cost, it's just that this is a specimen that took months to find and coordinate. Please there must be someone who could meet me at the airport and pull the package.

Needless to say, after getting this escalated, the answer was sorry we can't help you.

If this was my only bad experience with FedEx, I'd be very disappointed, but not hating on them. However, they have consistently missed deliveries for me and are horrible when it comes to customer service.

I had a similar issue with UPS several years ago and I called them. Guess what, they actually held the package at their distribution center and had someone meet me there to get my package.

I hate FexEx.

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had similar sad customer service with fed ex. They told me I could not pick it up at sort facility.
I have a bad habit of not taking no for answer. I went to the hub and was able to retrieve my package. It was corals in my case. Not quite as sensitive as a fish. But a small chunk of change that would not be covered with any arrival guarantee.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After tracking down and working months to coordinate getting a fish from a fellow R2R reefer, enter FedEx to mess it all up.

Here is the tracking history, it was supposed to arrive by 10:30am. It got held up in Memphis and they told me that they would still get it to me by end of the day.

2021-03-16 (2).png

I called FedEx and ask when will it make it here? They tell me not till tomorrow. What???

I explain the situation. I tell them I'm willing to go to the airport and pick up the package literally ANYTIME tonight.

Their answer was, sorry you can't pick up from there without the shipper requesting.

Then the answer changes to sorry, the item needs to be scanned. Ok, when will you scan the item. The answer, not till tomorrow.

I explain the situation, it's not the cost, it's just that this is a specimen that took months to find and coordinate. Please there must be someone who could meet me at the airport and pull the package.

Needless to say, after getting this escalated, the answer was sorry we can't help you.

If this was my only bad experience with FedEx, I'd be very disappointed, but not hating on them. However, they have consistently missed deliveries for me and are horrible when it comes to customer service.

I had a similar issue with UPS several years ago and I called them. Guess what, they actually held the package at their distribution center and had someone meet me there to get my package.

I hate FexEx.
Get in line.....

OP
OP
arking_mark

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had similar sad customer service with fed ex. They told me I could not pick it up at sort facility.
I have a bad habit of not taking no for answer. I went to the hub and was able to retrieve my package. It was corals in my case. Not quite as sensitive as a fish. But a small chunk of change that would not be covered with any arrival guarantee.

I'd drive there and try that tactic if it wasn't in the airport and COVID. Not even sure where to go at the airport.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each company has their advantages, FedEx might be cost.
I think you pay a little more for UPS, but might get a little better service.

William Morris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small vendors or individuals usually go with FedEx because of the cost.
Unless you ship frequently and have an account with UPS you can't get a competitive overnight rate from them.
Learned this from purchasing on Ebay from various vendors.
They would love to be able to ship via UPS but can't afford it.

Yates273

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like I am now a victim of FEDEX. They suck. Ordered a DOS last week was suppose to be delivered yesterday. I call FedEx amd they say they had to redo the label since there was something wrong with it. I should get today. Funny thing is according to tracking # my package is STILL in NC. I live in NJ so there is no way I will be getting today. Best part when I called they told me my package was currently in Trenton Nj. That’s false. I think the operator just wanted to get off the phone with me. She told me to call back tomorrow if I don’t get it.

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Each company has their advantages, FedEx might be cost.
I think you pay a little more for UPS, but might get a little better service.
Ups kind of sucks. They get my address wrong every time. It ends up at another house and we need to explain to our confused neighbours who opened the package that we ordered the coral.

Stuartmercer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similer issues here with a package that was supposed to arrive Tuesday, didnt arrive until yesterday. All but 1 coral are dead, but hanging on a thread.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

2021-03-16 (2).png

I hate FexEx.

Going west to east with FedEx is more difficult, in that they lose 3 hours of working time. I also wonder if the huge southern storm came into play? I avoided FedEx this week to try and miss that. Last week though, I had a single 45# box of moon jellies ship to me in Ohio from Texas. Guess the charges.....wait for it.....$520 ! Not an error, that was their valid charge.

Jay

OP
OP
arking_mark

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going west to east with FedEx is more difficult, in that they lose 3 hours of working time. I also wonder if the huge southern storm came into play? I avoided FedEx this week to try and miss that. Last week though, I had a single 45# box of moon jellies ship to me in Ohio from Texas. Guess the charges.....wait for it.....$520 ! Not an error, that was their valid charge.

Jay

Shipping prices have really skyrocketed.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
I remember getting a package from IPSF in Hawaii, Fed Ex Overnight to Vermont took two days or was it three since it was flying into a new day.

I few years back my work got charged for shipping a Fed Ex overnight 20 lb box of fish eggs, took two days and the receiver refused the package (they were actually the ones paying the shipping). We got sent the bill of around $250.

DVal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's ALWAYS Memphis. I started stocking my rank in October and have had 5 overnight shipments delayed in Memphis. I'm currently awaiting a shipment of frags that were supposed to be here yesterday morning. They sat in Memphis for 17-18 hours. I'm just about to the point of only ordering from vendors that use UPS.

OP
OP
arking_mark

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's ALWAYS Memphis. I started stocking my rank in October and have had 5 overnight shipments delayed in Memphis. I'm currently awaiting a shipment of frags that were supposed to be here yesterday morning. They sat in Memphis for 17-18 hours. I'm just about to the point of only ordering from vendors that use UPS.

I'm personally willing to spend more money on shipping to avoid FedEx. Horrible company at this point.

TaiN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My torch was delayed by 3 days by FedEx. The torch didn’t make it... I was lucky that’s the seller sent a replacement

MPrz59

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

2021-03-16 (2).png

I hate FexEx.
I only order fish/coral when I cant find it any where else and most of the time when I order something happens, for example I ordered a Red Headed solon wrasse off of Live Aquarias Divers den and they said he was lost in transit but the next day he was at more door step on time... The box was wet and upside down. I immediately put him in QT where he died later that day.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ups kind of sucks. They get my address wrong every time. It ends up at another house and we need to explain to our confused neighbours who opened the package that we ordered the coral.
Last summer I ordered some rather expensive perfumes from a vendor in the U.S. They sent the items via UPS, as perfumes can't be shipped in the regular mail (they're "dangerous goods"). In any case, I was tracking the order to my town...when the package was suddenly sent back to the seller. I started my long dance with UPS, and eventually found out that:

-the customer tracking service is a lie. Tracking points simply reflect the "expected" location of an item in transit, and not the real location (this was told to me by a manager)

-the delivery service itself is inept. I was eventually told that I signed for the package and that it had been delivered. The signature they received, they said, absolved them of all responsibility. I demanded to see the signature. They refused. They then blamed the delivery person. I told them that I didn't care about the problems, and demanded my package. The manager told me that "I'd have to wait for their own investigation".

I live in a small town, and so I ultimately sent out word that I was looking for some old (e.g. vintage) perfumes. I eventually found out that they had been delivered to a neighbour three doors down (my street number is large and visible from the street).

I can't imagine how I'd want to trust them with livestock.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What irritates me with them is taking a day off from work for a package from them to never receive it.
Then when they arrived next day, driver hits my motorcycle in the driveway and attempted to drive off until my daughter confronted driver and made them aware it was all on camera

2B25DE7B-4EC1-4D68-BB7E-25C4EDD95E43.jpeg FB3596CA-C97E-4F37-B725-DAFA9041C8BB.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back