I HATE the USPS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my lumenbars have been sitting in the next town over for over a week now. Been getting a text message every evening stating my package will now be later than expected. I wish I knew their reasoning on what packages get sorted and moved on and which get left behind. Just frustrating when I know I could probably drive there in less than an hour and it has been more than a week now.

Rant over and I do feel a little better.

Nateaqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel your pain. I have been having great issues with USPS. Almost all packages from them are delayed. Been two week with one and still waiting on it. Been sitting at Austin distribution facility for almost a week now. Most will sit at each location for at least 2 day before moving again.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping has been a gamble for a couple years now. Covid made 10 times worse and now the holiday season has made it worse 100 fold.
USPS has been a slave to Amazon for years now. They have a contract for shipping with Amazon.
Amazon packages are a priority and they can't keep up with that. Doh!

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I'm wondering why people are surprised at this:oops:

I'm not surprised, just frustrated. The city east of us finally got their postmaster fired or moved because their mail had gotten so bad and they were filing so many complaints. As one vendor said, he mailed 2 packages with USPS from Houston at the same time. One to Arkansas and the other to a customer in Germany. The person in Germany got their package before the one in Arkansas.

We had my son's prescription filled online with our insurances preferred online pharmacy so we don't get in trouble with them, and they mailed it last Monday by USPS. I got a Friday delivery date and figured it would actually not come for another 4 or 5 days after that based on what I've been seeing. I was shocked when it was in the mailbox on Thursday.

I just wonder how much more efficiently all this would run if the vendors would do a better job of packing items. I sent my mom some nuts that i can only find at Costco, so I ordered her 2 bags for Christmas. She got them this weekend and she said the box they shipped them in could have held 20+ of nuts. That happens to me all the time with the packages I get from amazon, a ton of wasted space inside the boxes.

Last edited:

brmreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No surprise here. As a matter a fact I have come to expect it and understand the implications that COVID has had, compounding holiday season, and Amazon's profound long term affects on USPS.

Additionally, I have a friend that works at a near by office and empathize with them too, so from my end it is not a bash on any particular USPS employee. Most issues can be attributed to the processes and systems that need some improvements.

Just empathizing with someone that was using this as an avenue to vent...nothing more. :D

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
USPS Tracking?

I watched a package journey from Florida (Dec 10) to the San Diego Hub (Dec 12) and then to my local USPS facility in Oceanside (Dec12). I looked today (Dec 13) and it went back to the San Diego Hub, from where it now has "Departed USPS Facility" 3 Times.

If this was a novel experience I would be worried but this kind of tracking report from USPS website is routine. I purposely ordered many-many extra gifts on-line in the last few weeks just to contribute to the situation. I figure that Christmas in isolation needs some drama and USPS has come through for us, right?

Post Office Letter GIF by INTO ACTION
parks and recreation mail GIF

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel your pain. I have been having great issues with USPS. Almost all packages from them are delayed. Been two week with one and still waiting on it. Been sitting at Austin distribution facility for almost a week now. Most will sit at each location for at least 2 day before moving again.
I think when they arrive the packages have to sit for 3 days so any virus on them will be dead before they get touched again?

i love you mail GIF

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of the shipping companies are being "held to task" these days. Holidays have always had it's challenges, add Covid to it PLUS now shipping companies are tasked with shipping vaccines so keep that in mind when shipping or buying online.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I order anything around the holidays? It's something I can wait for. Otherwise I wait till after the holidays. It's just the way it is. Patience and learn. If you don't need it then wait. Simple concept.
Vent all you want. It's not going to change anything. There's no purpose in getting all riled up about something you have no control over. Quit stressing.

brmreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost forgot I have to order some more reef supplements!

I guess I am a glutton for punishment...:p

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I order anything around the holidays? It's something I can wait for. Otherwise I wait till after the holidays. It's just the way it is. Patience and learn. If you don't need it then wait. Simple concept.
Vent all you want. It's not going to change anything. There's no purpose in getting all riled up about something you have no control over. Quit stressing.
Since they only have a sale once a year, I really didn't have much of a choice. Well, except to pay full price.

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No surprise here. As a matter a fact I have come to expect it and understand the implications that COVID has had, compounding holiday season, and Amazon's profound long term affects on USPS.

Additionally, I have a friend that works at a near by office and empathize with them too, so from my end it is not a bash on any particular USPS employee. Most issues can be attributed to the processes and systems that need some improvements.

Just empathizing with someone that was using this as an avenue to vent...nothing more. :D

Yes, and unfortunately they are part of the political machine and that is never a good thing.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I beleive that the Govt is using our cell phones to spy on us. Yesteday after I vented on here I got two packages, SUNDAY delivery and The Man brought me the Hanna Checker reagents that I needed.

How could they have known unless they are listening to our phones or maybe they are monitoring this site?

They made me so happy! I love USPS!
Christmas Reaction GIF
:)

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I beleive that the Govt is using our cell phones to spy on us. Yesteday after I vented on here I got two packages, SUNDAY delivery and The Man brought me the Hanna Checker reagents that I needed.

How could they have known unless they are listening to our phones or maybe they are monitoring this site?

They made me so happy! I love USPS!
Christmas Reaction GIF
:)
Oooooh, they do listen in.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Even no holidays they’re this bad
A couple centuries of mail service and they still can’t get it right
I have a 2 day priority package from Illinois (2 hrs away) - today makes a week
I VIULD HAVE WALKED THERE 16x TIMES ROUND TRIP AND PICKED IT UP MYSELF

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 167 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back