I HATE the USPS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

brmreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I beleive that the Govt is using our cell phones to spy on us. Yesteday after I vented on here I got two packages, SUNDAY delivery and The Man brought me the Hanna Checker reagents that I needed.

How could they have known unless they are listening to our phones or maybe they are monitoring this site?

They made me so happy! I love USPS!
Christmas Reaction GIF
:)

We're always listening

They are always listening. :cool:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
And still losing money! The Govt at it's best.
Losing money ? 3 rates increases in 16 months and they move parcels for UPS and FedEx (sure post and smartPost ) and earn an addition 101 million annually

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The USPS is buried in packages. I figured out that the reason the one package went back to the hub from my local post office is that the local post office had no room for another truck filled with packages so they sent the truck (with my package inside) back to the hub where they could park it behind a locked fence.

Here's another package tracking from DHL to USPS in Compton who send it out to Oceanside, it took 3 days moving around Compton before they let it leave in peace.
Notice the package has arrived at 92054 Oceanside office sort facility and post office twice on the 14th.

Recent packages have been pushed back to San Diego Main hub in this process, so let's see where they go next? :) HoHoHO!
  • Dec 14, 2020
  • 1:23pm
  • ARRIVAL AT POST OFFICE
  • Oceanside, CA 92054
  • Dec 14, 2020
  • 12:08pm
  • ARRIVED USPS SORT FACILITY
  • Oceanside, CA 92054
  • Dec 12, 2020
  • 3:56am
  • TENDERED TO DELIVERY SERVICE PROVIDER
  • Compton, CA 90220
  • Dec 11, 2020
  • 8:08pm
  • ARRIVAL DESTINATION DHL ECOMMERCE FACILITY
  • Compton, CA 90220

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a return with a prepaid label I hadn't yet printed. I figured I'd just swing by the Post Office and have them print it for me like every other carrier does... nope! "We don't do that here", a lady wearing a mask with her nose hanging out said.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize for all of the delays with USPS shipments. We were getting everything delivered on time right up until Black Friday started- now the majority of our USPS shipments have some sort of delay. It is kind of like a switch was flipped on 11/20.

They have a hub 5 minutes from us so typically our boxes get on the next truck out to a distribution center. Typically their slowest service takes 3 days to get to California from our Rhode Island warehouse. We have Priority Mail boxes now suddenly taking as long as 2 weeks to get to Pennsylvania.

In response- we have switched all of our small parcels to FedEx 2-Day Express/3-Day Express saver. Those have shown to be on time, and the supplies we need to ship with that service are on the way. Anything on the edge that would have been USPS vs. UPS in the past will be switched to UPS, regardless of potential cost savings from using the Post Office. Thank you for your understanding- we were blindsided by how suddenly severe delays cropped up with the post office.

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
USPS Tracking?

I watched a package journey from Florida (Dec 10) to the San Diego Hub (Dec 12) and then to my local USPS facility in Oceanside (Dec12). I looked today (Dec 13) and it went back to the San Diego Hub, from where it now has "Departed USPS Facility" 3 Times.

The worst I had was a package that was coming from California to me here in Florida. I checked the tracking information a couple of days after it was shipped and it showed the package in Guam. I have no idea what happened, but it did finally show up about a week and a half late.

secret_reefer337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not eeef related package but I’d like to share this one. Bought an item from a seller in Los Angeles CA. I live in Vacaville CA (20 miles south of Sac). Anyways, package was at Sac distribution center few weeks ago, then went to Shrewsbury MA distribution center then back to Sa distribution center, then it is now in Elk grove CA. Wondering when will it arrive. I think my item love to travel around.

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not eeef related package but I’d like to share this one. Bought an item from a seller in Los Angeles CA. I live in Vacaville CA (20 miles south of Sac). Anyways, package was at Sac distribution center few weeks ago, then went to Shrewsbury MA distribution center then back to Sa distribution center, then it is now in Elk grove CA. Wondering when will it arrive. I think my item love to travel around.

It is crazy. My lights are still not delivered. They have even stopped sending late notices. It arrived at the Dallas facility on the 6th and on the 10th it says it was sent to the "next" facility. No idea what the next facility is. Since I live in a suburb of Dallas I would think that would be my local post office but not clue. No updates since then. My wife sent 5 boxes to her sister in Germany earlier this week. It will be interesting to see if she gets her packages before I get my lights.

secret_reefer337

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is crazy. My lights are still not delivered. They have even stopped sending late notices. It arrived at the Dallas facility on the 6th and on the 10th it says it was sent to the "next" facility. No idea what the next facility is. Since I live in a suburb of Dallas I would think that would be my local post office but not clue. No updates since then. My wife sent 5 boxes to her sister in Germany earlier this week. It will be interesting to see if she gets her packages before I get my lights.
Believe it or not, two items from China arrived before the item from the same state where I am.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from Saltwater Aquarium 3 days ago. Still waiting to be picked up by USPS. Says it's shipped. My a**! That's kinda normal for SA though. Glad I don't need it.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever get an update on the vanished package?
I am thinking your package was "run over by a forklift" The "next facility" was probably the damaged package morgue where someone tries to read the damaged remnant of the label so they can contact the shipper and arrange for a replacement to be sent again to you.

A lot of these package handling moves are made by modern sorting machines now. The great thing is that if your package was just the right size and weight to get destroyed by the machine on the first try then assuming any replacements take the same shipping route then the USPS sorting machinery may have eaten the next two or three replacement shipments by now? :)
Bird Flying GIF by ali mac

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever get an update on the vanished package?
I am thinking your package was "run over by a forklift" The "next facility" was probably the damaged package morgue where someone tries to read the damaged remnant of the label so they can contact the shipper and arrange for a replacement to be sent again to you.

A lot of these package handling moves are made by modern sorting machines now. The great thing is that if your package was just the right size and weight to get destroyed by the machine on the first try then assuming any replacements take the same shipping route then the USPS sorting machinery may have eaten the next two or three replacement shipments by now? :)
Bird Flying GIF by ali mac
Well, let's see. UPS and Fedex have modern sorting machines along with Amazon. I don't see a lot of those packages getting "mangled" by forklifts and such??? Are you trying to say USPS employees are idiots?

Glue Masters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
USPS is a pita to deal with during regular season, right now they are getting bombarded with Christmas scale of orders and they are not ready for sure. We chose not to use them unless we absolutely have to. So your frustration is super justified, do not feel bad.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sitting at 19 days for a $500 purchase that hasnt moved an inch...
After this nightmare ill never ship with Postal Service again.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as they aren't wasting money on overtime pay... all is well.

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sitting at 19 days for a $500 purchase that hasnt moved an inch...
After this nightmare ill never ship with Postal Service again.

Well, the 5 packages my wife mailed on the 15th to her sister in Germany got there before Christmas because her sister called her this morning thinking her for all the gifts. My package was mailed on the 2nd and who knows where it is at. No updates since the 10th. My wife has ordered a few things off ebay this month that were all shiipped USPS and they all got here within a couple of days. I wonder if the weird shape of the package is what is holding it up?

I sometimes wonder about our mail carrier. Recently my wife had a package that showed it was delivered but didn't actually get delivered for 3 days after that. I think our carrier holds onto packages that require her to get out of her vehicle until she feels like actually doing it.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the 5 packages my wife mailed on the 15th to her sister in Germany got there before Christmas because her sister called her this morning thinking her for all the gifts. My package was mailed on the 2nd and who knows where it is at. No updates since the 10th. My wife has ordered a few things off ebay this month that were all shiipped USPS and they all got here within a couple of days. I wonder if the weird shape of the package is what is holding it up?

I sometimes wonder about our mail carrier. Recently my wife had a package that showed it was delivered but didn't actually get delivered for 3 days after that. I think our carrier holds onto packages that require her to get out of her vehicle until she feels like actually doing it.
Face it. Lost in transit. Start the process.

Back