I know this is weird to ask

its not an sps its a aiptasia read my post again... but just curious why would that be..?
I was saying the aptasia was planning to kill an SPS cause that's what they love to do. The picture felt like it was hiding in its evil lair plotting world dominance like some little evil Lovecraftian god.
 
since this jar is so small i dont know how to do a water change without hurting the anemone... help me
 
I soaked some aptasia covered rocks in a bucket full of H2O2 straight from the bottle. They slimed up a little and were otherwise unaffected.

I'd suggest using an air line and siphoning out as much water as you want, even 100% of the water. You'll be fine as long as your replacement water is reasonably close to the same parameters. You'll find some good info if you look up pico reefs and some of Brandon429's posts. He's a huge fan of big water changes on smaller reefs.
 
since this jar is so small i dont know how to do a water change without hurting the anemone... help me

Don't think you're gonna "hurt" the aiptasia. They're tough and resilient ... :confused:
 
9da9fd4867a649f2e9be91cae4dc99d8.jpg
is this light too much for my anemone..?
 
I joined the aptaisa jar band wagon. My LFS had this beauty that he was happy to donate to my project. It's in a Mason jar with some sand from my tank, couple small rocks and some cheato. Im gonna get a air stone and maybe rig up a single LED.

20190112_185649.jpg


20190112_185644.jpg


20190112_194956.jpg
 
I like it - why not
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new