Icecap Gyre controller software

dhnguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I love my Icecap Gyre pump but dangit to hell the controller Hydros app is the biggest piece of dog turd I've seen in a long time.

I've spent weeks trying to make the controller to work and it just would not connect to WIFI properly,. Even a ticket to CoralVue Support didn't help much at all. The controller simply would not connect to WIFI no matter how many times I deleted it and re-add it and re-run the entire setup routine. I even went so far as to reset to factory settings several times without luck.

Finally as a last resort and pure dumb luck, I changed my WIFI network setup to require wireless security (password) and voila the dang thing started working. I live in a rural area and have no neighbours, my WIFI was intentionally configured with no security for a reason (ease of use for the family). Nowhere in the setup instruction does it say you MUST have a WIFI password nor does the app itself requires one. I'm glad I finally got this thing to work but at the same time I'm kinda ticked that I had to waste weeks trying to get it to work correctly.

Oh yeah if your controller doesn't connect to WIFI then the date time will be something like 1969-12-31 and the time completely wrong making the triggers completely useless.

I hope this thread will help somebody who experiences the same problem I did.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.1%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.1%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back