ICP-Analysis (a warning)

MadCityReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone finally replied to my message on messenger and this is what they said.

"Hello Clifford, I had passed your information on to my guy handling our software problem and thought he had reached out to you already. Our web app crashed and died and we had to launch a new version that was not ready for release. For a period of two weeks we were not able to upload any results. We are collecting customer’s information and sending two replacement tests as an apology."

OP
OP
Wunderpus

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone finally replied to my message on messenger and this is what they said.

"Hello Clifford, I had passed your information on to my guy handling our software problem and thought he had reached out to you already. Our web app crashed and died and we had to launch a new version that was not ready for release. For a period of two weeks we were not able to upload any results. We are collecting customer’s information and sending two replacement tests as an apology."
All,

Please update us when you receive these alleged "two free tests" as I am skeptical about this claim, as well.

Also, I see my results are now posted on their site... When I have time later, I am going to create a reference sheet between the ICP-Analysis and Triton results as they were pulled sub-12 hours apart... I did notice a few alarmingly "off" differences between the two when I just looked them over. I feel like Triton may be MORE trustworthy, in a world of potentially iffy ICP tests in general.

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

Please update us when you receive these alleged "two free tests" as I am skeptical about this claim, as well.

Also, I see my results are now posted on their site... When I have time later, I am going to create a reference sheet between the ICP-Analysis and Triton results as they were pulled sub-12 hours apart... I did notice a few alarmingly "off" differences between the two when I just looked them over. I feel like Triton may be MORE trustworthy, in a world of potentially iffy ICP tests in general.
I did the same and yup there were some differences for sure when I tested against Fauna Marin it was pretty close.

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just spoke with them again.
Website should be fixed in a day or 2.
We will see on Monday.
Sample good for a year as long as it's sealed is what I was told.

U

User1

View Badges
All,

Comparing results pulled from different time stamps isn't realistic. If the numbers are different now you have to answer the question why. Is it because of their process, handling, lag time from collection to test, lights on, off, tank consumption, etc. May not seem like much but I personally wouldn't use the results to compare although I guess it could be interest. On top of that any search on this forum or others you can see the trend of results between the two.

I was originally going to ask why the rush but in a later post I think you noted you had some issues and wanted an outside look at the overall water. Makes sense. I prefer ATI, I'm biased, and on a good day I can time it such that I'll get results within 7 days. When I don't pay attention the results are usually within 10. Not too bad.

I will typically send in two samples per year. At the time of water draw I do it 5 minutes before my Trident kicks its high noon test. This way I can compare ATI, to Trident, and finally to my manual test of phosphates, nitrate, and alk (hanna and nyos are quick and easy and consistent manual kits for me). I've found that each time looking back at the Tridents and my manual tests the numbers are within their respected margin of error.

When I started to think about ICP tests I read a few threads that lead to papers to a few ICP shops to avoid which brought me to ATI or Triton. I don't remember why I picked one over the other but I have had great experience with ATI and have read good things on Triton. Either of those two would be my first go-to.

Lastly - c19 isn't helping any with shipping. That and of course holidays. More online shopping which means less space on planes, trains, and automobiles shipping. Not making an excuse for them just throwing it out there :) I also read they said they had some issues. Let us hope they take care of you so you can get the results and both parties are satisfied.

Gee...i'm sounding like a net nanny. Sorry - not trying to be :D

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Comparing results pulled from different time stamps isn't realistic. If the numbers are different now you have to answer the question why. Is it because of their process, handling, lag time from collection to test, lights on, off, tank consumption, etc. May not seem like much but I personally wouldn't use the results to compare although I guess it could be interest. On top of that any search on this forum or others you can see the trend of results between the two.

I was originally going to ask why the rush but in a later post I think you noted you had some issues and wanted an outside look at the overall water. Makes sense. I prefer ATI, I'm biased, and on a good day I can time it such that I'll get results within 7 days. When I don't pay attention the results are usually within 10. Not too bad.

I will typically send in two samples per year. At the time of water draw I do it 5 minutes before my Trident kicks its high noon test. This way I can compare ATI, to Trident, and finally to my manual test of phosphates, nitrate, and alk (hanna and nyos are quick and easy and consistent manual kits for me). I've found that each time looking back at the Tridents and my manual tests the numbers are within their respected margin of error.

When I started to think about ICP tests I read a few threads that lead to papers to a few ICP shops to avoid which brought me to ATI or Triton. I don't remember why I picked one over the other but I have had great experience with ATI and have read good things on Triton. Either of those two would be my first go-to.

Lastly - c19 isn't helping any with shipping. That and of course holidays. More online shopping which means less space on planes, trains, and automobiles shipping. Not making an excuse for them just throwing it out there :) I also read they said they had some issues. Let us hope they take care of you so you can get the results and both parties are satisfied.

When I did a comparison I did the samples at same time and sent them off same time.

RickSanford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I sent my sample in on the 8th of November. I sent a note via the customer service link on the website inquiring about status on the 21st of November. During an email exchange from them on the 24th of November, I found out my sample was tested on the 13th of November and I was offered the two free test kits as an apology. I shared my home address and received the free test kits on Monday the 30th.

Really hope they're able to get their tech problems sorted out.

OP
OP
Wunderpus

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The issues are not from delayed shipping methods... The issues are that they receive the samples and don’t give you results. They confirmed they received and tested my sample 2 weeks before giving me the results. This is a problem THEY can fix, it’s no one else’s fault.

U

User1

View Badges
The issues are not from delayed shipping methods... The issues are that they receive the samples and don’t give you results. They confirmed they received and tested my sample 2 weeks before giving me the results. This is a problem THEY can fix, it’s no one else’s fault.

Use a different company then.

OP
OP
Wunderpus

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use a different company then.
Awesome, thank you for understanding this issue....

Clearly, I am not a fan of the company, but I didn't realize they operated this way until using them. Hence, the reason for posting this thread as a cautionary tale. Unbeknownst to me, other folks were having the same exact issue. So, saying to "use another company" really seems like the wrong way to address this situation.

Maybe it would be better to understand the value of members of the community looking out for others so they do not get burned, rather than saying unhelpful things as you suggested.

U

User1

View Badges
Awesome, thank you for understanding this issue....

Clearly, I am not a fan of the company, but I didn't realize they operated this way until using them. Hence, the reason for posting this thread as a cautionary tale. Unbeknownst to me, other folks were having the same exact issue. So, saying to "use another company" really seems like the wrong way to address this situation.

Maybe it would be better to understand the value of members of the community looking out for others so they do not get burned, rather than saying unhelpful things as you suggested.

Re-read my post. I opened by saying it is a bad idea to compare results from two difference ICP vendors when water is drawn at different intervals. I then said I was going to ask why you are in a hurry as ICP results take time regardless of who you use. I re-read your thread and saw you had some issues so wanted something sooner rather than later and thus the concern about your choice. So far I think I understand your concern.

I then said that I use ATI twice a year and how I go about it. Pull a sample of water, 2 cups actually, before my Tridents 12:00 pm test. This way I get ATI's samples, run manual tests, and make notes. Can go back once I get the results and compare because the sample water is less than 5 minutes of Tridents. Also said that sometimes I time it such I get results in 7 or so days and worse case 10.

If you are still with me I then said before I sent off my first ICP test I did some research and chose a different one than what you used. Why? Because there are enough threads about the solution you used with issues. Doesn't mean they don't all have them just pointing out why I used a different one. Plenty of threads on this forum if you are inclined to search. I think the last part you didn't agree with because I talked about C19, holidays, and of course mail carriers and assumed I blamed the issue on it. No, I said it isn't helping any as carriers no longer guarantee priority mail.

I didn't say you chose wrong because that isn't helping you any... The one liner - I'll give you that. Maybe I didn't have enough coffee.

reefluvrr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sent one out this Monday....and this is my first time trying them out too.

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had similar experiences with poor communication, long wait times, and bad results. Multiple times in received way off readings that if they were true would mean nothing would be alive in the tank, and results missing readings due to their probes not being calibrated and unable to perform the tests (I paid for all tests to be completed and reported, not some/most). I’ve used all the others, and would recommend triton or Ati.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I N E X C U S A B L E !!!!!

SHOULD NOT BE HARD TO RECIEVE A SAMPLE AND SEND AN IMMEDIATE EMAIL OUT, EXPLAINING DELAYS/HICCUPS.
I feel, they owe EVERYONE who sent in a sample a replacement kit at minimum. Inexcusable !!

fishfong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All,

I just wanted to share my unpleasant experience in dealing with ICP-Analysis, as it may save others a lot of frustration...

11/10/20 - I sent out my ICP test samples (2 tanks) from AZ to CO, so it should've taken a few days to arrive

11/19- I shot them an email asking if they had received the samples

11/20- They emailed me saying "we haven’t been able to export data onto our website. Reason being is our web developers are preforming a data migration of the old data from our current website to our new website that is being released next week." I replied back asking if they could just send me the data as I don't need it to be viewed on the website, just want the actual data to review. That day they sent my an Excel spreadsheet with the data, however it had two different sample numbers which did not correlate with any of the barcodes etc. that were used. So, I had data for 2 aquariums, yet no way to decipher which set of data was for which tank. I emailed them shortly after asking if they could tell me which test number was for which aquarium registered.

11/27- After two emails sent, they replied back saying "as of right now the new website is having issues with it being connected with the database and will not have any answer from the web developer until monday. As of right now our hands are tied behind our back until the developers fix the problems. But as soon as I get answers i will let you know." They did not answer my question about telling me which sample number was which aquarium, so I asked again. No response.

12/1 - I have sent another email as I have not heard back from them regarding the data and deciphering which aquarium is which test... I have sent them another email asking, no response thus far. It has been 15 days since they claim to have tested the sample, yet no actually usable data (I have two sets of results, yet no way whatsoever to use the data as I don't know which test is which). This was a huge waste of money and time, as I was using this service to figure out an issue that I was having in one aquarium.

In comparison, I sent a Triton sample out and received the full data after 3 days from sending the sample... The price is comparable, the customer service and appreciation from ICP-Analysis is clearly beyond lacking. I would avoid them. I hope this prevents someone from having a similar issue
I share the same bad experience. I sent out my water sample through USPS Priority mail. Hoping to expedite results. USPS tracking shows deliver on November 18, 2020. As of today December 6, 2020, still waiting for my test results. ICP-Analysis should give us all back a refund for breaking there promise of 6 days turn around. Hope there business owner have good faith and provide some sort of compensation to customers like us buying many test kit from them. I hope they can stay in business because they just had a black Friday sale 11/ 2020 Four test kits and two bottles of hand sanitizer for $59.99. Wish ICP-Analysis will reply to this thread.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW... so glad I work 10 minutes from an ICP test facility. No shipping or internet required, I just bring in a water sample and they test it on the spot and give me a printout of the results a few minutes later.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW... so glad I work 10 minutes from an ICP test facility. No shipping or internet required, I just bring in a water sample and they test it on the spot and give me a printout of the results a few minutes later.
Hello Spieg, can I send my samples to you? It may be quicker. LOL!

OP
OP
Wunderpus

Wunderpus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Re-read my post. I opened by saying it is a bad idea to compare results from two difference ICP vendors when water is drawn at different intervals. I then said I was going to ask why you are in a hurry as ICP results take time regardless of who you use. I re-read your thread and saw you had some issues so wanted something sooner rather than later and thus the concern about your choice. So far I think I understand your concern.

I then said that I use ATI twice a year and how I go about it. Pull a sample of water, 2 cups actually, before my Tridents 12:00 pm test. This way I get ATI's samples, run manual tests, and make notes. Can go back once I get the results and compare because the sample water is less than 5 minutes of Tridents. Also said that sometimes I time it such I get results in 7 or so days and worse case 10.

If you are still with me I then said before I sent off my first ICP test I did some research and chose a different one than what you used. Why? Because there are enough threads about the solution you used with issues. Doesn't mean they don't all have them just pointing out why I used a different one. Plenty of threads on this forum if you are inclined to search. I think the last part you didn't agree with because I talked about C19, holidays, and of course mail carriers and assumed I blamed the issue on it. No, I said it isn't helping any as carriers no longer guarantee priority mail.

I didn't say you chose wrong because that isn't helping you any... The one liner - I'll give you that. Maybe I didn't have enough coffee.
No worries, friend. I just wanted to make sure it was clear that this thread was made solely with the intent to warn others of the company's shady practices. Of course, I had no idea there would be this many responses with the same issues... The company should be outright embarrassed and at least comment in some way on the issue and how they plan to fix this gigantic set of mistakes...

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.4%
Back