ICP report from ICP-Analysis

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been my experience that when people have problems then they tend to post bad reviews wherever they can. When things are going good then most don't post a review at all.

I can't speak specifically what happened in the past or in your situation. I assure you that I am here to help you .

Customer service is in place to help all people. We are all consumers and as consumers we all use customer service for all things we buy, not just salt , but everything. This is the procedure that all companies have.

I am Customer support so I am here to help you and any other Aquaforest customers. [emoji4]

This is why I asked you to send me a PM and I will make sure that we resolve any issues specific to you.

Aquaforest cares deeply for their customers and wants everyone to be successful with their products [emoji4]

I have offered you a way to a solution. You are getting a one on one interaction with Aquaforest support. This is as good as I can do my friend. [emoji4] If you do not choose to embrace this opportunity then I cannot help you unless you want my help.

Aquaforest will always 100% stand by its products and it's customers. [emoji4]

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been my experience that when people have problems then they tend to post bad reviews wherever they can. When things are going good then most don't post a review at all.

I can't speak specifically what happened in the past or in your situation. I assure you that I am here to help you .

Customer service is in place to help all people. We are all consumers and as consumers we all use customer service for all things we buy, not just salt , but everything. This is the procedure that all companies have.

I am Customer support so I am here to help you and any other Aquaforest customers.
emoji4.png

This is why I asked you to send me a PM and I will make sure that we resolve any issues specific to you.

Aquaforest cares deeply for their customers and wants everyone to be successful with their products
emoji4.png

I have offered you a way to a solution. You are getting a one on one interaction with Aquaforest support. This is as good as I can do my friend.
emoji4.png
If you do not choose to embrace this opportunity then I cannot help you unless you want my help.

Aquaforest will always 100% stand by its products and it's customers.
emoji4.png
I don't post bad reviews unless I'm certain and I don't think the BRS reviews are wrong. They only support the frustration that I went and the others went through and it shows me that AF Poland has not changed to make sure the reef salt in each bucket matches their full batch #'s.

I'm sure they are caring people but They and Deep Water did nothing for me but shrug me and others off. Look how long it took Rakie to get his replacement.

@120reefkeeper
I want to thank you for your support and I remember Perry and we are still great friends to this day. I truly hope that we will be friends too. You guys work your butts off.

I asked AF Poland to make a video series like Red Sea has done with their product line. They responded back that it was already in the works and we were all happy. What happened to that?

I don't have a problem with US support on the forums.

Deep water mis-guided me about comp 1+ 2+ 3+ only balancing out with AF or TM salt and I was ticked that they did nothing for me regarding my buckets #2 and #6.

I have a problem with AF Poland and QC sheets not matching the individual buckets of the "Reef Salt". Only AF Poland can fix that issue and this is not anything new or all that random.

I don't want to PM anything. I want AF Poland to fix it or drop the QC sheets. PM's and sweeping issues under the rug does nothing to resolve the problem.

I'm back to regular IO and it does vary from batch to batch but they don't put QC sheets on their salt mix.

Regards, Freddie

Last edited:

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I generally don't go into arguments over these issues. But I try to understand and solve issues. I am seeing these complains as well as good reports at all the places. For example....like GoVols said BRS has bad reviews over reef salt but interestingly it also has good reviews too. Like the most recent ones in 2017 4 good and 4 bad. The bad ones always say the same thing off parameter. Good ones also say same thing excellent salts. On amazon out of all the review one negative but that complains about low on everything. People like me who moved from TMP to AF reef I did not find any difference. Now I am using this over one year and out of my four 22 kg buckets I never saw significantly high Mg or Ca. The latest one is just opened.
I am not saying the bad reviews are not true, possibly all of them are true. But we need to find out a way to solve that instead of just complaining. If you have issues write to AF directly and if they dont answer forward that email to us. We will take care of it in every possible way. I am more of a hobbyist than a customer support and I believe all of us can learn over the process.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I generally don't go into arguments over these issues. But I try to understand and solve issues. I am seeing these complains as well as good reports at all the places. For example....like GoVols said BRS has bad reviews over reef salt but interestingly it also has good reviews too. Like the most recent ones in 2017 4 good and 4 bad. The bad ones always say the same thing off parameter. Good ones also say same thing excellent salts. On amazon out of all the review one negative but that complains about low on everything. People like me who moved from TMP to AF reef I did not find any difference. Now I am using this over one year and out of my four 22 kg buckets I never saw significantly high Mg or Ca. The latest one is just opened.
I am not saying the bad reviews are not true, possibly all of them are true. But we need to find out a way to solve that instead of just complaining. If you have issues write to AF directly and if they dont answer forward that email to us. We will take care of it in every possible way. I am more of a hobbyist than a customer support and I believe all of us can learn over the process.
The BRS reviews show that the reef salt is still inconstant from bucket to bucket and I'll post that thread in public anytime I like!

AF can fix the problem or pull the QC sheets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They publicly stated that they have issues are were correcting them. The BRS reviews tells me that nothing has changed and when I see a thread like this, then I'm going to post publicly.

If I see that AF has fixed the parameter issues then I'll praise them publicly too.

I am a hobbyist too and I'm going to help other reefers as they have helped me.

Last edited:

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't post bad reviews unless I'm certain and I don't think the BRS reviews are wrong. They only support the frustration that I went and the others went through and it shows me that AF Poland has not changed to make sure the reef salt in each bucket matches their full batch #'s.

I'm sure they are caring people but They and Deep Water did nothing for me but shrug me and others off. Look how long it took Rakie to get his replacement.

@120reefkeeper
I want to thank you for your support and I remember Perry and we are still great friends to this day. I truly hope that we will be friends too. You guys work your butts off.

I asked AF Poland to make a video series like Red Sea has done with their product line. They responded back that it was already in the works and we were all happy. What happened to that?

I don't have a problem with US support on the forums.

Well I also look forward to working with you and I want you to be happy [emoji4].

AF does have plans to make a video series and it is in the works. [emoji6]

Thank you for your continued support of the AF support team. We are trying to help my friend. [emoji4]

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The BRS reviews show that the reef salt is still inconstant from bucket to bucket and I'll post that thread in public anytime I like!

AF can fix the problem or pull the QC sheets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They publicly stated that they have issues are were correcting them. The BRS reviews tells me that nothing has changed and when I see a thread like this, then I'm going to post publicly.

If I see that AF has fixed the parameter issues then I'll praise them publicly too.

I am a hobbyist too and I'm going to help other reefers as they have helped me.

Lol...I am not talking about your public posts...

I was trying to say like you if people can contact them and complain it will help us all in long run. I know the Rakie salt issue and follow that thread regularly. I know there can be problem with almost any product in the world but if you face it first complain to the company and if that does not work you can let everyone know that they did take care of it. You did the right thing and there is no doubt over that.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
complain to the company and if that does not work you can let everyone know that they did take care of it.
lol,
I am letting reefers know that AF has not held up to what they publicly stated on that tread regarding the QC sheets matching buckets. :)

To me it looks like @MrMichael #'s did not match. So, I posted.

I updated the post over there and we'll see how AF Poland responds. :)

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
lol,
I am letting reefers know that AF has not held up to what they publicly stated on that tread regarding the QC sheets matching buckets. :)

To me it looks like @MrMichael #'s did not match. So, I posted.

I updated the post over there and we'll see how AF Poland responds. :)
Ok, lets us ask @MrMichael did he contacted Deborah or AF Poland customer service anyway after having a long standing issue with the salt?

OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Anirban and @GoVols this is the first batch of AF salt that I've purchased. Prior to purchasing this salt, I read everything I could on AF on various forums and FB, so I was aware of the high Ca/Mg threads. I'm interested in the entire AF methodology. After this salt tested different than I expected, I ordered another refractometer, another calibration solution, and this ICP test. I sent my results to Deborah via FB, prior to the ICP, and we discussed. She was completely responsive to my messages. I sent her the ICP once I received it and have not heard back, but that was only last Thursday evening (same time I posted here). I imagine she'd likely forward it to someone else. Timezones, weekends, etc. These things take time.

I have no idea how common this issue is and it's foolhardy for me to estimate, whether it's 10% of .0001%, I have no idea. It may not be unique to AF either and is common in other brands.

This ICP service is new-ish, so the quality of the data isn't written in stone. Unfortunately this thread covers two separate issues (ICP-Analysis and AF Salt). Yet this report + my two refractometers measure the same salinity and my Salifert kits also match ICP. Given the existence of the other threads + other BRS reviews from same time (this was a BRS order), I'm pretty confident there is some merit to people's complaints.

I hope Debroah gets backs to me in the future. I suspect she will and it will just take some time. In the meantime, I'm going to continue using my other AF products while switching salts. I don't consider this salt poison, it's just easier for me to work with a salt that's closer to NSW.

Ricardo@Coralvue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep on mind one is tested in Poland, and the ICP-Analysis is made in USA with a ICP machine made and calibrated in USA
It will always be different, and also they have other products that are very consistent on quality.

Last edited:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep on mind one is tested in Poland, and the ICP-Analysis is made in USA with a ICP machine made and calibrated in USA
It will always be different, and also they have other products that are very consistent on quality,.

Why does location impact expected results?

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Anirban and @GoVols this is the first batch of AF salt that I've purchased. Prior to purchasing this salt, I read everything I could on AF on various forums and FB, so I was aware of the high Ca/Mg threads. I'm interested in the entire AF methodology. After this salt tested different than I expected, I ordered another refractometer, another calibration solution, and this ICP test. I sent my results to Deborah via FB, prior to the ICP, and we discussed. She was completely responsive to my messages. I sent her the ICP once I received it and have not heard back, but that was only last Thursday evening (same time I posted here). I imagine she'd likely forward it to someone else. Timezones, weekends, etc. These things take time.

I have no idea how common this issue is and it's foolhardy for me to estimate, whether it's 10% of .0001%, I have no idea. It may not be unique to AF either and is common in other brands.

This ICP service is new-ish, so the quality of the data isn't written in stone. Unfortunately this thread covers two separate issues (ICP-Analysis and AF Salt). Yet this report + my two refractometers measure the same salinity and my Salifert kits also match ICP. Given the existence of the other threads + other BRS reviews from same time (this was a BRS order), I'm pretty confident there is some merit to people's complaints.

I hope Debroah gets backs to me in the future. I suspect she will and it will just take some time. In the meantime, I'm going to continue using my other AF products while switching salts. I don't consider this salt poison, it's just easier for me to work with a salt that's closer to NSW.
Thanks for that detailed reply. May I ask when exactly you purchased it and from where?

Ricardo@Coralvue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not really sure if it does, Randy, but when I use the AF salt and I ask about it, the AF management, always told me that since we use different test kits in USA, the accuracy of what we have here is not near at what they use.
The statement was from AF. and I like some of their products, so I though the main people of AF told me, it may have some substance.

The main reason to promote the ICP analysis when is done in USA, to be able to stay away from doing testing, over seas and also been independent, not beloning to the same brand that recommend their own brands

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1
Also the reviews aren't even close to NSW.

I had the low #'s on Dr Foster and Amazon. I was not paying to dose up. (lol) I was doing that for years with IO.

I have posted on your forum that I was zeroing out my meter with ro/do water. But that was not during the time I was using the AF reef salt.
I stopped using the AF on June 2016 after my 6# bucket came in to their Sea Salt #'s (Twice)

I mix 3 5- gallon jugs for my weekly water changes. So I finish up AF bucket # 5 on jug one. Open AF bucket #6 for jugs 2 and 3.

All 3 reading 1.025 sg. Jug 1 is still spot on to the QC sheet. Jugs 2 and 3 are sitting at like 6 dkh and 350 cal. I crossed checked against 3 test brands and drove 30 miles to my lfs and they hit the same SG and big 3.

AF finally responds to that thread that they see and will fix the issues to the QC sheet.
I'm poking around BRS and it's still the same.

The "Reef Salt" is still inconsistent from bucket to bucket and dirty. Same things that AF stated that they were fixing.

Last edited:

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not really sure if it does, Randy, but when I use the AF salt and I ask about it, the AF management, always told me that since we use different test kits in USA, the accuracy of what we have here is not near at what they use.
The statement was from AF. and I like some of their products, so I though the main people of AF told me, it may have some substance.

The main reason to promote the ICP analysis when is done in USA, to be able to stay away from doing testing, over seas and also been independent, not beloning to the same brand that recommend their own brands
Well,
Deep Water miss guided me on multiple of things. Like the price will not go up. Amazon went up $20 and everyone else went up $10.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS, it was part of my mid February 2017 R2R Bulk purchase. The included QC reported was dated 11/7/2016.
I was using the "Reef Salt" back in 2015 and their parameters were not matching the QC sheets back then.
I'm told by Deep Water that AF must have put Sea Salt in Reef Buckets. (Twice) Don't send sample and your not getting a replacement.
Will pass it along to AF Poland...

This was long before BRS or DF&S got into the game.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 87 44.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 68 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 27 13.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back