ICP Results are Back. Help Me Figure This Out!

InkedReefLady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a tag along from my other post on why some of my encrusting montis and setosa are dead/dying.

I did a new ICP test and the results just came back this afternoon.

The Ca and Mg are pretty close to what I got over the weekend on my Sailfert kits (I have been dosing some Ca this week to get it increased a bit). Alkalinity continues to stay in the 10.5-10.75 range with no dosing (;Sour). No3 has been 2.5 PPM and PO4 0.05 PPM.

shared-widget-1569523194222.jpeg

Other than lowish iodine and strontium, does anyone see any other red flags? Would this be the reason my SPS are dying? Coraline algae has practically covered the back and sides of the tank and starts to grow on the frag skeletons after they're dead. I would have thought we were in great shape for SPS.

My second idea is lighting, but I cannot change the spectrum on the ReefBrites XHOs (3x) and can only use the tuners on the Kessils (2x).
I used the Seneye to get a PAR reading a while back and I was in the 90-250ish range. I know plenty of people who grow SPS in this range; even some that I had that have now died. :(

Thank you for the feedback!

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your icp results look good. I’ve had much higher arsenic levels with no negative effects. Acros and most sps will do better at an alk 7.5-8.5 with your no3/po4 and 200 par and up.

OP
OP
InkedReefLady

InkedReefLady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your icp results look good. I’ve had much higher arsenic levels with no negative effects. Acros and most sps will do better at an alk 7.5-8.5 with your no3/po4 and 200 par and up.

Everything was doing great up until a few weeks ago. But it's mostly just one side of the tank. It's so weird. I really thought something was a-miss and ran the ICP. Guess the alk just needs to be brought down.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 21 41.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back