Id please

dwdoworkdw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody can Id this for me? Started growing pretty good after I kicked my whites up gradually I’m only running blues now and it seems to not be growing as much things too small for a Thang. Any idea what kind of algae this is and what cuc would be good? My tank has been to clean recently. I’ve been doing weekly water changes and basically had untraceable nitrates so I skipped my water change and it’s still extremely clean. Should I feed more or what?

IMG_6307.jpeg IMG_6306.jpeg IMG_6305.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6304.mov
    24.9 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Anybody can Id this for me? Started growing pretty good after I kicked my whites up gradually I’m only running blues now and it seems to not be growing as much things too small for a Thang. Any idea what kind of algae this is and what cuc would be good? My tank has been to clean recently. I’ve been doing weekly water changes and basically had untraceable nitrates so I skipped my water change and it’s still extremely clean. Should I feed more or what?

IMG_6307.jpeg IMG_6306.jpeg IMG_6305.jpeg
Looks like wire algae.
Is this particular tank at or near a window?
Not too many if any snails will eat wire algae and will have to be physically removed by hand and scrubbing with a firm brush as sold below at harbor freight in a container with tank water. You can use 3% peroxide to help break up the algae as you scrub.
After cleaning add a couple of pitho crabs, ninja star snails, chitons snails and a few large astrea snails to help with control

detail brush.png

OP
OP
D

dwdoworkdw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like wire algae.
Is this particular tank at or near a window?
Not too many if any snails will eat wire algae and will have to be physically removed by hand and scrubbing with a firm brush as sold below at harbor freight in a container with tank water. You can use 3% peroxide to help break up the algae as you scrub.
After cleaning add a couple of pitho crabs, ninja star snails, chitons snails and a few large astrea snails to help with control

detail brush.png
It’s not it’s around no light from the outside. It’s a 13.5g so idk how much I can put in it cuc wise

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It’s not it’s around no light from the outside. It’s a 13.5g so idk how much I can put in it cuc wise
3 astrea
3 cerith
2 turbo grazer
6 carribean bue leg Hermits ( these are tiny)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 93 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back