ID this ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mike1976
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mike1976

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2019
Messages
25
Reaction score
16
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could this be some type of polyp

1075710-665da78448f03c75d21fa489908e6091.jpg
 
Im actually scared that i bought these as I am new to the hobby. Should i just ditch these im just paranoid ill poison myself
 
How do i prevent the zoas from spewing their mucous toxin?
Leave them in the water usually they spew toxins out of the water as a defense mechanism from what I understand I wouldn’t worry about it unless you’re planning on fragging zoas in the future
 
Leave them in the water usually they spew toxins out of the water as a defense mechanism from what I understand I wouldn’t worry about it unless you’re planning on fragging zoas in the future
gotcha, thanks for the advice. I had pent up anxiety because of the said dangers with this coral
 
gotcha, thanks for the advice. I had pent up anxiety because of the said dangers with this coral
It’s really nothing to fear. If you have them out of the water and they goo, and it happens to get on your hands, just don’t rub your eyes or open cuts. Wash your hands, all good.
 
It’s really nothing to fear. If you have them out of the water and they goo, and it happens to get on your hands, just don’t rub your eyes or open cuts. Wash your hands, all good.
Thanks for the advice, you really calmed me down.
 
Or chop them up
Alright im not that dumb lol. Just cautious because people have been saying they can randomly crash a tank or that family that got hospitalized by the toxin. Yikes
 
gotcha, thanks for the advice. I had pent up anxiety because of the said dangers with this coral
Not all zoas even produce palytoxin just dont be careless the most cases of poisoning happen when people boil love rock with zoas on it
 
I threw out the larger paly i regret it now...first replier made me do it ugh. Oh well i still have the small palys though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new