If you could have any species in your tank, what would it be?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know for me, there is a lot of different fish or coral I would love to have in my tank, but I cannot do it for various reasons. I am wondering what are some species of coral, fish or even other aquatic life you would love to have in your tank but can't due to a particular reason.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to have a foxface fish, but I can’t because they tend to eat my trachyphyllia corals.

However, I’m VERY tempted to add one (at least temporarily) due to the derbesia hair algae issue I’m currently facing. No other herbivore is touching it.

RichReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been fishing and scuba in Florida and all I have to say is that Barracudas are some awesome fish.

Amazed watching them sit dead still in high currents and how fast they move. Like an underwater humming bird.

Saw some babies in the shallows and pools and they act the same way.

So it's a Barracuda for me.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have any fishes other than a Leafy Sea Dragon that I can’t get or a mermaid that my wife won’t let me bring home so I don’t have any real desire for anything else, and besides I don’t want to get more stuff that I have to maintain.

Life is good as it is.
IMG_1960.jpeg

fishyjoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
angelfish
I have always wanted angels but never confident enough to try them fearing they will gobble corals, bully other fish, or simply not survive

SaltyCabbage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown trigger! Maybe in a few years once I’m more comfortable with salt and have larger tanks I’ll see about grabbing one. Such fun looking fish.

A nautilus is my absolute dream animal of all time but I don’t see myself ever keeping one.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
angelfish
I have always wanted angels but never confident enough to try them fearing they will gobble corals, bully other fish, or simply not survive
Angelfish are fantastic and by far my favourite marine fish. Unless you can find a coral that begs for food with puppydog eyes (aiptasia are not an option), I say ditch the plans for a coralline fantasy and go with the cute biters. The only thing as personable as angels are the equally problematic butterflyfishes, and it's impossible to stay mad at them as they chew holes through priceless cynarinas. So cute!

Badblackdog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morish Idol for me. They are so graceful and would make a fine centerpiece fish. I’m still shopping for a tank and stand currently so it will be a long time if ever.

AlexR9364

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many angels, but unfortunately lacking space and money to invest in a tank big enough. If I had to pick one, it would the the interruptus.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back