Innovative Marine 150

Sprin001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Putting together an Innovative Marine INT 150. Trigger Triton 44 sump. Hybrid ATI lighting (unsure which LED I'll use just yet). 2 MP40 and vectra L2 return. Hoping to establish more of a mixed reef system but not looking to do any particularly challenging corals this go around.

OP
OP
Sprin001

Sprin001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the stand together. The instructions were crummy but patience paid off. Now to figure out how to get the 440 lb of glass inside.

20200819_193849.jpg 20200819_193831.jpg

Wspangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with the build. I have the same tank. My one friend brought over moving straps that went over your shoulders. 3 of us moved it. 2 doing most of the work.

OP
OP
Sprin001

Sprin001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with the build. I have the same tank. My one friend brought over moving straps that went over your shoulders. 3 of us moved it. 2 doing most of the work.
I'm afraid ill have to remove trim from my door to keep it simple but then we have to be super careful going through with like 1" of tolerance

OP
OP
Sprin001

Sprin001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to chisel some tunnels into the rocks. Ill put some pics up to follow. Trying to attach the screen to the ecotech L2 vectra but the kit from BRS doesn't seem to fit (the collar is a hair too narrow in diameter to go over the screen). Any tips/advice. I could use the stock piece and glue the screen kit over?

OP
OP
Sprin001

Sprin001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just roughing in some plumbing. I think I'll get at least 2 more unions. Any other pro tips?

20200826_214911.jpg 20200826_214859.jpg

airmotive

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank on the way. Do you see any reason why I couldn’t use one of the 1” lines for the return instead of the 3/4”?
Can’t really see what you have going on in your overflow plumbing.

hobbyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this tank. I really contemplated buying this tank last year but ultimately went with a Waterbox. I regret not choosing the IM 150. Love the deep dimensions. Good luck.

OP
OP
Sprin001

Sprin001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same tank on the way. Do you see any reason why I couldn’t use one of the 1” lines for the return instead of the 3/4”?
Can’t really see what you have going on in your overflow plumbing.
The bulkhead is 3/4" for the actual hole in the overflow. I suppose you could make the 3/4 one of the drains and use one of the 1" bulkheads for return but then you'll be restricted at the second threshold where the loc line starts in the actual DT. Kinda confusing to write but if I take more pics I think you'll see what I mean. I'm happy so far and the triton sump is a perfect fit.

OP
OP
Sprin001

Sprin001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see. Thanks for sharing. I imagine it doesn't make much difference but I followed the instructions (or so I thought).

airmotive

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bulkhead is 3/4" for the actual hole in the overflow. I suppose you could make the 3/4 one of the drains and use one of the 1" bulkheads for return but then you'll be restricted at the second threshold where the loc line starts in the actual DT. Kinda confusing to write but if I take more pics I think you'll see what I mean. I'm happy so far and the triton sump is a perfect fit.
Hmmm....looks like I'll have a delima with that 3/4" line.
Since I have a remote sump in the garage, I'm trying to minimize head loss on the return as much as possible. Might have to consider drilling open that hole in the overflow to 1". (in a brand new tank! Ugh!)

Anyway...enjoying the build! Be sure to make lots of mistakes so I can learn from them! ;-)

CrazyCarlitos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm....looks like I'll have a delima with that 3/4" line.
Since I have a remote sump in the garage, I'm trying to minimize head loss on the return as much as possible. Might have to consider drilling open that hole in the overflow to 1". (in a brand new tank! Ugh!)

Anyway...enjoying the build! Be sure to make lots of mistakes so I can learn from them! ;-)
Personally, I would not drill a new tank to make it 1”

To maximize head pressure, I use 1” piping from the return pump... and than add a reducer coupler (link below) in the line near the end to fit the 3/4” bulkhead.

no pic of my set-up but I can take one later at home if u want

airmotive

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I would not drill a new tank to make it 1”

To maximize head pressure, I use 1” piping from the return pump... and than add a reducer coupler (link below) in the line near the end to fit the 3/4” bulkhead.

no pic of my set-up but I can take one later at home if u want
I actually meant drilling the hole in the overflow to expand it to 1" and then adding 1" flex nozzles. Definitely not drilling glass on this!

Feel free to make this mistake and let me know how it goes!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back