Instant ocean vs. Reef crystal

  • Thread starter Thread starter miyags
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
1,787
Reaction score
814
Location
Erie PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using reef crystal now for about 8 years and been dosing 2 part. Do I really need the RC if dosing 2 part ???. In the near future I'm going to need larger tanks, in turn larger water changes. I'm trying to save money every where I can. If I would of used Instant Ocean in the last 8 year I might of saved around 400 dollars. What's your thoughts on this???. Theres a lot of us out here on a budget.
 
I use Instant Ocean, and dose whats needed, why go with RC if you have to dump in the same thing the salt is supposed to provide? It only gets you through a day or 2, then you have to dose anyways. No reason to use the more expensive salts.
 
I use Instant Ocean, and dose whats needed, why go with RC if you have to dump in the same thing the salt is supposed to provide? It only gets you through a day or 2, then you have to dose anyways. No reason to use the more expensive salts.

I would agree with this. If you are doing fine with instant ocean with 2 part, why change? Of course, if you want to mess with your tank, it is your choice.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new