Goofy Movie Hello GIF

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome fellow brit ^_^
Trial and error.try playing around with what you got first then if needed buy some smaller powerful power heads and place lower down.
What i would be wanting is no sand blowing all over.
Enough flow for each coral i have ( may need re- place some of the corals after moved power heads ,depending how long they been there and if encrusted onto the rocks/ light they need etc etc.
Would want 1 or 2 power heads facing upwards for gas/ exchange/surface agitation.
Would want power heads to be hid as best as possible.
But like others have said so many factors that dictate whats happenning in our tanks.
Is the cyano getting phospates from the rocks or from excess feeding/ rodi filters need changing/ any natural predators of it/ refugium or no refugium that out competiting it or not plus much much more.
Split each bit into managable segments and after each adjustment wait a little to see if has made positive or negative impact as if change 3 things at once and makes it worse,we maybe wont know which affected it either way.
But good luck ^_^

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
You can get the UK banner here: Click "Join User Group", scroll to the bottom and click on "United Kingdom User Group".

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
C

Catmum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the welcome and the advice! I’m getting there. Next is which controller but I’ll start a new thread for that.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back