Introducing yourself

mrbluewildcats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to be a member here, so much information on this forum. Russell here, and I live in Western Kentucky. If there are any members very close by, I'd love to talk. I used to have a 125g Cichlid tank years ago, and I really miss it. Now it's time to try the saltwater route. Here's a picture of my new tank, lol. I'm not buying anything more until at least July, to hopefully avoid very much of "if I only knew that, I wouldn't have bought this". Only a few years to go and this will be an awesome reef tank! Fish Tank.jpg

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome ! Great size tank!

I have a 60 gallon cube that's been sitting in my office for a month for the exact same reason. The sump should be here sometime next week, so hopefully I'll be able to get started on it soon.

Celebrating Storm troopers.gif

OP
OP
mrbluewildcats

mrbluewildcats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Good move on researching before you buy. I have a room full of uh-ohs. Lol. Good luck with the build
Thanks! I've already learned a ton and will probably start sump construction before long, but need to find out the exact equipment so I know how to size it all. My head has already exploded twice I think.

OP
OP
mrbluewildcats

mrbluewildcats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome ! Great size tank!

I have a 60 gallon cube that's been sitting in my office for a month for the exact same reason. The sump should be here sometime next week, so hopefully I'll be able to get started on it soon.

Celebrating Storm troopers.gif
Appreciate it! I can't wait until the day I put something in it other than the water I used to test for leaks. 15 minutes to fill it up, about an hour to siphon it back out, lol. At least it's in the house!

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate it! I can't wait until the day I put something in it other than the water I used to test for leaks. 15 minutes to fill it up, about an hour to siphon it back out, lol. At least it's in the house!

Wow, Only 15 minutes to fill it? That was fast!

OP
OP
mrbluewildcats

mrbluewildcats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, Only 15 minutes to fill it? That was fast!
Faster than I would have imagined. I have pretty good water pressure, and just rubber banded a towel around the end of a garden hose to prevent scratching. No leaks though!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back